>>39<<

I had recovered from my head injury, but my hearing was still a little bad. 'Tsunade said it would be a while before I fully regain my hearing.' I thought with a smile holding a hand to my ear before it was quickly replaced with a frown and I touched my cheek.

"He really wasn't worried about hurting me," I sighed gently laying back on my bed. Obviously he was working through some things and maybe he needed to do that on his own. 'Then why wouldn't he just tell me that? I don't need details, but I'm not exactly trying to leap off buildings.' I thought trying so hard not to think about him for a second. Luckily my daily distractions had came in, Naruto and Sakura were both here to visit.

"How are you feeling today?" Sakura asked gently and I gave her a small smile.

"I'm fine Sakura, how's Sasuke?"

"You still care about him!" Naruto exclaimed and I held my head low with guilt. "He's the reason you—"

"I'm in the hospital because of both of you! He's our teammate Naruto and our friend I'm more worried about him than I am myself!" I snapped, my injuries were physical, but his ran deeper he was getting corrupted. 'How could I be worried over these wounds that'll eventually heal.' I thought sadly barely hearing Sakura quietly scolding him.

"Mito I'm sorry—"

"You scared me...and Sakura" I cried balling my hand into a fist. "I love the both of you and you almost killed each other. How do you think I felt?" I cried and then the both of the hugged me tightly,
"I almost lost everything."

***

It was nighttime way passed Sakura and Naruto's visit, and I felt a little claustrophobic. 'I'm sure Tsunade won't mind if I get fresh air.' I thought sneaking out the window and walking down with chakra on my feet. Maybe I could clear my head of all these thoughts, but fate had different plans for me.

"You haven't changed," I heard Sasuke's voice and I quickly hid up in the trees. 'Why is he out of the hospital..with Sakura!' My eyes widened he had a packed backpack and Sakura looked like she was crying. "You're still annoying," he smirked and I felt my heart pang, I felt confused.

"Sasuke if you leave I'll scream!" Sakura yelled opening her mouth, but he quickly flashed behind her and covered her mouth. 'He's going to leave the village!'

"Thank you, Sakura" he mumbled setting her down on the bench after knocking her out. "Mito you can come down from the trees," he said and I immediately appeared in front of him. Since the injury I wasn't really supposed to do anything with my chakra, meaning I couldn't conceal it.

"The injury, I can't conceal my chakra" I explained, but I don't know why. He was the one who had to explain himself, "you haven't tried visiting me."

"Don't you hate me?" He asked and I frowned, what kind of question was that. I obviously wouldn't be here if I didn't like him anymore.

"No, should I?"

"Yes, I'm leaving the village to join Orochimaru" Sasuke said bluntly taking me for surprise. I opened my mouth to say something, but I had no words.

"So you're running away?" I frowned feeling tears come down my face.

"I'm not running away," he growled and I shook my head. 'This isn't happening, what's making him do this!'

"You're not staying here with me, what do you call that!" I yelled "I thought you liked me so why, what makes Orochimaru so great?"

"You aren't enough," Sasuke said harshly "I'm done with all these soft feelings, I only need hatred and Orochimaru will help me with my goal."

"So you're willing to throw the rest of your life away?" I mumbled feeling so stupid for liking the Sasuke Uchiha. I let myself believe he was more than an egotistical jerk, someone I could actually love. "Then I'm done with you too, you obviously lied to me. It was a very very bad thing to like you Sasuke Uchiha," I cried feeling him flash in front of me.

"Mito, I loved you."

"Don't say that," I shook my head backing away from him. "Not when you're trying to leave..I don't need someone who loved me. I need someone who loves me and doesn't stop when life gets hard," I said drying up my tears because I've cried too much over him. 'But he can't leave he's still apart of this village, he's still my teammate!'

"Stop I can tell you're trying to keep me here," Sasuke glared. "I'm not staying there's nothing here for me I don't care about your friendship."

"I care!" I yelled "I care a lot about you, this isn't something you can just take back what's going to happen after you kill Itachi?"

"I don't care what happens, I'm not fighting you because of your head injury" Sasuke pointed out and he was right. How could I keep him here when I couldn't use chakra without too much strain. "It was fun while it lasted...bye Mito," he said turning around and walking away he was slipping away.

"You can't do this!" I yelled, but he just continued walking "I swear I'll bring you back, you're going to regret this Baka!"