>>19<<

Kabuto seems shocked by my outburst, but I was saved by this scary guy walking in. He introduces himself as Ibiki Morino 'creepy, but oddly endearing' I thought laughing to myself. He orders us to grab a number and sit accordingly so I do and end up next to some random person. 'I hope Naruto does well.. I hope everyone does well' I corrected myself. I was trying more and more to become my own person.

"Listen up I won't repeat myself, there are two rules for this written exam. Rule one, this is a point reduction system you start with a perfect score of ten and one point will be deducted." He stated which wasn't much of a rule, but it was important. 'In other words if I get three questions wrong my final score is a seven.'

"Easy enough," I mumbled looking over at Naruto.

"Rule two, you will be graded as a team" he announced making Sakura go ballistic. 'In this case we have an advantage, our team of four will have a better average.' "Finally rule three, these chunin positioned around the room are watching for any cheating. They will deduct two points for any signs of cheating." Ibiki smirked, but something seemed off about this cheating thing. 'Why not immediately fail the person.' I thought flipping my test over when he said go. The questions were almost impossible for genin, they were probably jonin level questions. 'No wonder he said no cheating.......it's encouraging you to cheat!' I realized looking around the room. I could only answer about half the questions so I guess I'd have to cheat as well. 'How am I going to do that?' I panicked when I saw the answer key in Ibiki's hands. 'It's piled in with everything so it won't be completely obvious.' I thought taking out my kunai I only had one shot. I threw my kunai pinning the answer key to the wall and shocking Ibiki.

"S-Sorry I was bored" I gulped scribbling down each answer under my table.

"Bored? That's not an excuse!"

"It won't happen again," I smiled resting my head on the table. I got my ten full points now it was all up to the rest, and Naruto. The hours ticked by and Ibiki coughed gaining everyone's attention again.

"It's time for the tenth question," Ibiki state's with a small smirk. "You can choose to leave, but your team will not be able to continue without you and you're allowed to try again next time. If you choose to take the tenth question and fail you won't be able to take the exam ever again." He said making many people drop out instantly. 'He's trying to weed us out..please don't fall for it you guys.' I thought looking up at Sakura and Sasuke who were staring down at Naruto. 'Nii-san no!' I thought watching him raise his hand, but then he slapped it down.

"NO MATTER HOW TOUGH THIS QUESTION IS I WILL STILL BECOME HOKAGE! I'VE GOTTEN THIS FAR AND I'M NOT GIVING UP NOW!" Naruto declared making everyone us stay he really had an effect on people. Ibiki looked around making sure these were the people that were staying.

"Ok on that note..congratulations you all have passed the first segment of the exams." Ibiki said shocking everyone around him many were calling bullshit, but it made sense. Then all of a sudden there was a crash and glass went everyone. "This is your next proctor," Ibiki sighed "Anko Mitarashi."

"You're getting softer, Ibiki" Anko smirked making Ibiki shake his head in disapproval.

"Maybe this year's genin are more skilled" Ibiki muttered giving her an annoyed glance.

"Well I guess we'll see about that," she smiled "LISTEN UP MAGGOTS meet me at training grounds 44 tomorrow afternoon on the dot. Tardiness will not be rewarded, so I suggest you get your asses down there early YOU ARE DISMISSED."Anko said promptly jumping back out the hole in the window. We were all free to leave and the first thing I did was hug Naruto.

"We did it! Congratulations I knew we could!" I said to the team. "It was simpler than I thought it would be."

"No way! It made completely no sense at all!" Sakura complained.

"Think about it this way you have to gather intel on an enemy village and in able to complete the mission you must take a huge risk that jeopardizes the mission, you, and your teammates lives. Will you be confident enough to take it and succeed. Or return from your mission like a coward?" I explained making them all deadpan at me "at least that's how I interpreted it."

"She's exactly right," Ibiki smirked "the tenth question is supposed to weed out the Shinobi who are not mentally prepared for this life. It was a mind game from the start you could've passed this exam without answering any question, but the tenth." He finished giving me a small shoulder pat, "you're smart kid you pinned the answer key to the board that's never been done before."

"Was it obvious? I didn't really go for a subtle approach, but it was all I could think of." I smiled awkwardly hearing him chuckle a slight bit.

"You will be a great Shinobi kid, good luck on the exams."

"Thank you sir! I'll try my best dattebayo!"