>>17<<

All four of us arrived at the meeting on the bridge, surprised to see Kakashi early for once. 'Whatever this mission is it must be real important.' I thought drowning out Sakura and Naruto's yells of disbelief. 'But what about these chunin exams?Are we allowed to participate?'

"So what is it Kakashi-sensei! What's the mission!" Naruto asked jumping up, but he remained silent and just handed the four of us papers. 'the Chunin Exams application?' I read looking up at Kakashi to explain.

"I have nominated you all for the chunin exams," Kakashi said going on about how we didn't have to do it. "These exams are really difficult so there's no shame if you don't want to go through with it."

"There's no way I'm missing this opportunity!" Naruto yelled giving Kakashi a big bear hug.

"For once I actually agree with this dobe," Sasuke smirked looking ready to fill out the application. While Sakura looked really anxious and uneasy about the whole thing.

"You guys are dismissed for the day," Kakashi said teleporting away 'this is a good way to test our skills.' I thought thinking of how much Naruto has grown as a Shinobi. 'I've grown too! It's time I start recognizing my talent and growth!' I look over at Sakura and decide to help her after all this team needed her.

"Are you ok?" I asked softly, watching her sad face look up at me in exasperation.

"I-I'm fine," She mumbled, but I made her look me in the eye.

"Tell me the truth," I smiled warmly and she started to tear up. "I didn't mean to make you cry Sakura..I'm sorry."

"It's not you, it's just what if I'm not strong enough for this?"

"Then you get stronger,"

"I don't know how, I'm not like you." She said making me feel really bad. 'Have I been making her feel like she had to be me'

"You don't have to be like me," I said looking down at the ground. "There's nothing about me that you should want to be. I like you just the way you are Sakura, you can do things I can't. You just haven't really tried," I told her honestly hoping she wouldn't take it harshly.

"You're right, what have I been doing this whole time?" I looked over at Sasuke who was walking toward the training grounds.

"You've been running after Sasuke," I said thinking over what I was doing. 'Am I chasing after Naruto..it's almost like I've never done anything for myself.'

"Thanks for the advice Mito!" Sakura stood up "I'm going to start training more, I have to tell that Ino pig!"

"I'm glad I helped her at least," I mumbled walking in a random direction. I didn't want to go home just yet after my new discovery. 'Have I even thought of doing something not involving Naruto?' I thought kicking a rock in the road.

"What's up Mito?" Kakashi said walking out of the training ground we did the bell test in. 'Was he looking at that K.I.A stone? It has my dad and mom on it...I wonder if he knew them.'

"I was just thinking about Naruto," I said sadly trying to force a smile for my sensei. But he seemed to get I wasn't in my usual happy mood.

"Did you two get into a fight?" He asked walking beside me. For some reason I felt at ease with him.

"No, but I just realized I haven't really been living my life" I admitted guilty. "I try so hard to be Naruto's mom, dad, and sister I even force myself to like whatever he does."

"I see,"

"I-I'm sorry if this is a burden-"

"Not at all it's my job as your sensei to help you," Kakashi close-eyes smile. "Thing is I don't really know how I'm bad at this kind of thing too." He sighed covering his whole face and it clicked. 'He does know my parents and I have already met him!' I thought thinking back to the fight with Zabuza.

"You knew them," I mumbled "my parents you knew them right?" I asked stopping him in his tracks. "I remember now I said I'd never forget your chakra scent and I didn't!" I smiled giving him a tight hug, "Well I did, but I remembered during our fight with Zabuza!"

"M-Mito I didn't-"

"Please don't lie to me sensei," I cried looking up into his eyes. "You saved my life back then..thank you."

"You shouldn't thank me, I'm not much of a lifesaver" he said bending down to my level. "They would've been so proud of the person you are, and if it means anything you've taken good care of Naruto it's time for a break."

"I thought you said you were bad at giving advice," I laughed grabbing his hand.

"I'm full of surprises I guess," he answered back continuing to walk with me.

A/N: Ok so....I'm hoping that no one is reading that as a Mito x Kakashi moment because it's really not. I was going for a more father-daughter vibe between them. I just feel like Kakashi is like her older brother/ father figure to her someone that would give her the guidance and someone she could confide in. So I repeat this is NOT a Mito x Kakashi moment!!!! ╰(*'︶'*)╯