A Terrible Night

BEFORE YOU READ:

A small warning. In case you haven't read the description, this book will contain quite a lot of cussing and sometimes rather graphic descriptions of fights and gore as well as tobacco and alcohol use.

I use They/Them pronouns for the reader and refer to them in a gender-neutral way most of the time, except for a few times when I use adjectives such as 'handsome' or 'beautiful', although I generally try to avoid them and when I do, I try and even out the amount they're mentioned so it's balanced. If you want to, you can replace them with your preferred ones in your head.

Reader Key:

(Y/N) - Your Name

(H/C) - Hair Colour

(S/C) - Skin Colour

(E/C) - Eye Colour

I also made a spotify playlist for this story, so if you feel like checking it out, please do. The songs are arranged in roughly chronological order mirroring the events in the story.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/08scBOLE9J98N4rIAVipjW?si=7a2e229de91646cc

Now, have fun reading Opposites Attract by...me.

Title from Smoke by Daughter

---------------------------------------------------------

Today had been a strange day.

Not necessarily because of what had happened, no. Rather, there was something off about it that I couldn't describe.

It started when I awoke with a feeling of nervousness in my gut, tingling as if I was having stage fright before a play.

As the day had dragged on, it went away yet was replaced with another lingering feeling of unease. It was inexpliquable and hard to grasp, when I tried thinking about it, the feeling went away only to return a moment later once I'd focused my mind on something else.

Fortunately for me, my parents weren't home, in fact, they wouldn't be here all weekend long. This meant I could spend the entire two days just lounging around, playing video games, reading fanfiction, watching shows...and also do my homework at the very last minute since god knows I wouldn't be touching it until 11 p.m. this Sunday.

As I scrolled through my phone this warm spring day, chewing on a gummy bear and quietly humming an imaginary tune, I came across a fanfiction I'd saved about a year ago.

'Ninjago...' I thought to myself, remembering the show which had defined my childhood by a great deal.

It didn't take long after that for a desire of rewatching the entire series to take ahold of me and I'd sat down with my laptop, opened my (most likely illegal) website of choosing and started watching.

Skip to multiple hours later, I was still watching as the sky turned dark outside and it got later and later. I'd decided to skip the first two seasons since, although it had been years since I last watched them, they were still engraved into my brain so much that I could more or less quote them word for word. So, I'd decided to start with season three and hours after non-stop watching, had just finished season four and started number five.