First Look

Chapter 2: First Look
Tia

Six o'clock. I'm awake but I stay under my covers.

Seconds pass. Then minutes. And the next thing I know.

It's seven o'clock. And Marinette comes running into my room, screaming her head off.

"What?" I groan, glancing at her from the corner of my eye.

"Help me!" She yells, pacing back and forth. "Why are you still in bed?"

"Because I can be. Is there a problem?" Sitting up, I rub my temples and catch a whiff of my breath. "I'll be back."

"No wait!" Mari pulls on my sleeve, hard. She starts moving me along with her and I wait for the talking to begin.

"What if he doesn't like you guys? What if you guys don't like him? Wh-what if Lilian scares him off? I mean I love the girl but she can be a bit much sometimes. What if- what if..."

She starts breathing harder and I stop in my position, pausing her with me.

"What if it goes perfectly? I mean, you've brought home plenty of guys, it always goes well. Why is he any different?"

"Because, Tia! I think he's the one." She blurts out.

"Well then. I'm gonna go brush."

"But Tiaa!-" she reaches out for me once again and I run into my bathroom before we make contact.

"No girl. It's going to be fine. Now goodbye."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"He's here! Please, behave!"

Marinette hurries towards the door, opening it and sighing.

A tall man stands in the doorway, gray eyes scanning the room.

He's gorgeous. I knew Marinette had good taste in men but this guy,

He's different.

Caramel skin against his light brown curly hair. He has a small birth mark at the corner of his right eye and when he smiles down at Mari, it's easy to notice his dimples.

I don't know what took over but I start to feel my heart race. It might have just been because of how he looks, or it's actually that feeling that I've seen him somewhere before.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Damien Gray. My boyfriend."

Marinette's words snap me out of my trance and I realize why he felt familiar.

"Damien Gray? As in multi-millionaire Damien Gray?" Lilian asks, laughing to herself.

"Yeah. That's me." Damien speaks, and I feel myself getting weak from how beautiful his voice is too.

"Well then Mr. Gray, it's a pleasure to have you here." Lilian grins. "Maybe we could talk money sometime?"

"Lian, stop." Marinette hisses, holding Damien's hand. "Damien, I would like you to meet my baby sister, Tia."

"H-hello." I wave timidly, watching his every move.

"Hi, Tia. Marinette's told me so much about you." He replies, gazing down at me. I look up to meet his stare and he continues to look down at me.

His gray orbs dilate and he subtly bites his lip, trying not to make it noticeable.

Marinette kisses Damien's cheek, causing him to take his eyes off of me and focus on her.

"Hehe. Let's go eat. My mom made everything. It's delicious, I promise."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"That was an amazing meal, Mrs. James." Damien places his fork down and smiles at my mother.

"Awe. Thank you, Damien. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"I'll go wash the dishes, mom." I push my chair back and prepare to take everyone's plates.

"Let me help." A hand holds onto mine and I feel my face getting hot at the sudden contact.

"That's a great idea. The two of you could get to know one another more."

Everyone in the room nods and proceeds to leave, excluding Lilian.

"That goes for you too, Lilian." Mari glares at her, making my friend groan and stomp out of the room.

"So."

"So."

I don't know if it was just me, but the tension in the room felt very thick. I was moving around the room and I could feel Damien's eyes following my every move.

Damien clicks his tongue before the words escape his mouth.

"You're sister speaks very highly of you. I can tell that a lot of it is true."

This makes me stop and turn to look at him, leaning against the counter.

"What does she say?"

"She says you're intelligent. Kind. Gorgeous." He mumbles the last one as he takes a once-over of me. "Yeah. She was right."

His words cause me to start blushing before I turn back to the sink.

"How about, we stop talking for a moment, and get to cleaning?" I ask, covering my face with my hair to hide my smile.

"Okay, Tia."