When You See

Chapter 26: When You See
Tia

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare." I groan out, tapping the floor.

"I dare you to prank call Marinette while she's out with her friends." Lilian mumbles, twisting her body.

"Forfeit."

"Ugh. I'm bored. Our sleepovers are never boring. What is happening?" Lilian grumbles, standing up.

"We just didn't plan ahead."

"Ha! Well I did. Let's go clubbing." Lilian leaves me behind to go into the guest room where she keeps her clothes.

When she finally comes back, she's holding two outfits across her arms, throwing one at me.

"I'm not old enough, Lili."

"My uncle works at the one downtown remember? He let me and William in the other day. And he let me drink." She winks at me, smiling in the process.

"Still no."

"Oh come on, Tia. Just tonight. Please...." She stresses, dragging out her words.

"What's in it for me?"

"A night of Lili. What more could you need?"

"A lot more. Four words and I'll go."

"I'll buy you food?" She questions, grabbing a towel from my closet.

"I'm in."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"It's that one over there!"

"It's literally the only club on the block, smarty."

"Just park and let's go."

Turning into the parking lot, I immediately find an empty space, parking in it. Lilian steps out of the car before I'm able to open my door, already throwing her fur coat over her shoulders.

"I don't understand why you wore that. It's literally going to be June in a few days." I look at her from the over side of the car, fixing the bottom of my skirt in the process.

"Okay and? It's cute. Now let's go."

The two of us make our way down the block, Lilian complaining about the distance.

"Hey, Uncle Anthony. Miss me?" Lili holds my hands behind her back while she talks to her uncle.

"Hey kiddo. You want in again?" He asks her, not turning away from the line of people that he was checking.

"You know it." Her voice rises, causing her uncle to chuckle.

"Who's your friend?" Lilian's uncle looks at me, examining my features.

"Uncle Anthony, you remember Tia, don't you?" Lilian rolls her eyes at him and I wave.

"That's Tia? Well, uh. You girls can go in." He nods behind him and Lilian drags me inside. Before we can fully make it in, her uncle calls out to us again. "Today, drinks are free for all women, but please. Don't over do it."