Pick Pick

Chapter 19: Pick Pick
Tia

"You want me to what?"

"Come with me to the gala on Saturday."

"That's tomorrow though!"

"I know, Tia."

"Don't you think that's a bit short notice?" I question, hearing him scoff on the other line.

"Tell me about it."

"So why can't you go alone?"

"I already told everyone I'd have a plus one with me. So if I go alone, that's going to look bad."

"What's in it for me if I come? I'm not blessing you for free." I joke, waiting for his response. Damien inhales sharply on the other end.

"You get a night of me. What more do you want?"

Galas are already paid for, which means free food.

"Okay. Deal."

"I'll send my team over for you in the morning."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Marinette just left for work and a group of fancy people is outside." Lilian jumps on me, shaking me awake in the process.

Rubbing my eyes, I glare at her before moving over.

"Oh. They're supposed to come in by 8:30. Give me a minute." Checking the time, I realize that I had half an hour to get ready.

Quickly walking into my bathroom, I bathe and brush my teeth, hearing Lilian moving around the room. When I finally exit the bathroom, the interior of my room was shifted slightly, the bed pushed back more and the stool next to my dresser. I quickly pull out a matching pair of underwear and a dress, going back into the bathroom to get dressed.

By the time I walk back out, Lilian was already showing the people into my room and then quickly set up.

"Hello, Ms. James. It's a pleasure to meet you." An older lady greets, holding her hand out to me.

"Likewise." I smile before shaking the lady's hand, her signaling for me to sit on the bed.

"So. We brought in four dresses that Mr. Gray thought would suit you best, have a look."

The dresses were red, silver, pink, and purple. The purple and red ones caught my eyes the most, but I notice Lilian staring at the silver one.

"Not that one." She mumbles across to me, causing me to shift my attention. The silver one had a split on one side that would go up to my waist, which was a bit too revealing.

"That's okay. We'll try on the last three then and you can decide which one you like more." She claps, turning to one of her assistants. "Get rid of that one for me."

Another person starts pinning my hair up into a bun, guiding me into my bathroom before handing me a robe to put on. She steps in after me, unzipping the purple dress and helping me into it.

"Just walk out and stand in front of the door, please." She instructs me, clasping the back of the dress with clamps.

"No!" The first lady shrieks when she sees the first dress on me, shuddering.

"What's wrong with it?"

"You have such a pretty figure. We aren't about to hide it." She shakes her head before sending me back into the bathroom.

"Amen." I hear Lilian say after her, making me giggle, waiting for someone to help me out of the dress.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«