In My Feelings

Chapter 32: In My Feelings
Tia

"So Damien. We got this registration. And this one. And these too." Marinette places the forms on the table for Damien to look at, pulling her phone out her pocket after.

"Oh and this is the bridesmaids dress we picked. Gorgeous, isn't it?" She shows him a picture of me in the dress and I notice his eyes go wider, nodding in response.

"That's beautiful, Marinette."

"Oh, and you're mother bought me this." Marinette takes her mug out, turning it for him to see. "Tia and Lilian got one too!" 

"Oh really?" Damien raises and eyebrow, leaning forward to look at me. "Can I see yours?" 

Taking out my pottery, I hold it up for him to see.

"That's pretty."

"Yeah. Thanks." Putting the flower pot back in the box, I fold my hands over my legs, listening to Marinette.

I feel Damien still looking at me from the corner of his eye, glancing between Marinette and I.

"Damien can you get me a bottle of water? We keep them in the pantry." Marinette asks, placing her hand on his leg.

"Okay. Would you like one too, Tia?"

"No thanks." I shake my head before directing my attention to Marinette. "I'm going into the backyard. Okay?"

"Of course. Check on the plants."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Marinette just went out for something. I offered to go with her but she said I should stay. So I'm checking up on you." Damien sits across from me on the swing, pushing it back to start again.

"We need to talk." I mumble, holding onto the chains for support.

"We do?"

"Yes sir."

"Go ahead then, I guess." He runs a hand through his hair, tilting his head.

"We should stop talking."

"Pardon?"

"This," I mumble, pointing between the two of us. "Is something that should stop."

"Non puoi dirmi di smettere di parlare con te. Che cazzo?" (You can't tell me to stop talking to you. The fuck?)

"I don't understand."

"I'm not going to stop talking to you."

"Well I am." I mutter, puffing my cheeks.

"What's your sudden reason for this?"

Damien stops the swing, looking at me. I start to blush, thinking about what happened the other day.

"You saw me naked!" I cry, and he starts smirking, running his hand through his hair again.

"Oh, that." Damien's ears turn red as I blush.

"Yes, that."

"Well I don't get the problem." Shrugging, Damien shifts closer to me, looking me in my eyes.

"I don't really have a pleasant body." I admit, holding my head down in shame.

Distracting myself with my fingers, I feel his hand grab my face, forcing me to look up at him.

"Who told you that?"

"Uh, nobody." I avoid his stare, squinting my eyes.

"I'm not going to ask again, Tia. Chi te l'ha detto?" (Who told you that?)

"Maybe it was Marinette's friends. Maybe it wasn't. Same, difference." I mutter, watching his eyes get dark.

"They were wrong, you're beautiful. I love your figure. Okay?" Damien continues to look me in my eyes, refusing to let go.

"Yeah sure."

"I asked, okay? Not sure?" Damien's dominating stance comes back in place and I nod, blushing again.

"Okay, Damien."

His gray eyes light up a bit before going dark again, smirking at me.

"Good girl."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Ah! Tia!?" Marinette walks into my room, sighing with delight.

"Yes Marinette?" Looking up from my computer, I tilt my head at her, giving her my attention.

Marinette spins around, falling onto my bed besides me.

"Isn't Damien just amazing?" She laughs, throwing her arms up.

"Didn't you ask me this question before?"

"But I'm asking you now, it's different."

"He's perfect, Mari." I giggle, feeling myself blush at the thought of him.

"I know!" She turns her phone on, holding it up to show me.

Her lock screen was a selfie of the two of them, her kissing his cheek and him smiling at the camera.

I couldn't help but feel my heart pang at the sight, but I still ignored it.

"That's a nice picture."

"I know!" My sister squeals, kicking her legs around in the air.

"You're really in love, Marin?"

"Yes." Marinette thinks to herself before speaking again. "Like, he's hot. He's rich. And he's just a great guy all together, money talks. Have you met someone so amazing before?"

"Yeah. Damien Gray."

"See? Even you agree. A man who can spoil me completely is a man I'll love forever." She giggles and I feel myself tense.

"What if he wasn't rich though Marinette?" I murmur, thinking about an old memory.

"Uh, I wouldn't give him much thought, you know?" She shrugs, sitting up.

"Mari. Don't use Damien, please."

"I'm not." She defends herself, scoffing in disbelief.

"I know you, Marinette. Don't."

"Okay, Tia. But I do love him, so don't doubt me."

"Of course, Marinette. Now get out."