Mindset

Chapter 29: Mindset
Tia

I don't talk about my feelings much, that's one thing I can be honest about.

My parents say that I should let it out more. Even if I don't talk to someone else, I should just make things clear with myself.

Something's been on my mind for a while now.

More like someone though. I have no idea how to feel about it all, especially when it isn't clear enough to me.

Throwing myself onto my bed, I hold my phone up to my face, checking my messages.

Damien: Cum.

Me: pardon?

Damien: Shit. I was typing fast. Come.

Me: come where?

Damien: To my job. I'll show you around.

Me: oh okay.

Leaving that conversation, I open the other ones but don't reply, them just being messages from Lilian and Marinette that they were either home or went to work.

I roll off the bed, landing on my feet before walking into the bathroom to shower and get dressed. I put on floral white maxi dress, wearing white flats to complete the look.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I'm here for Damien Gray." I tell the receptionist, waiting for her to acknowledge me.

"Are you Tia James?" She questions, sounding awfully bored.

"Yes."

"Top floor. Third room on the right."

Turning away from the front desk, I make my way into the first elevator, taking it up to the top. By the time I get to Damien's floor, he was already waiting for me, fixing the tie around his collar.

"Hey."

"H- hi, Tia. Come on." Damien continues to struggle with his tie, walking away and into his office.

"This is nice. I like it." I scan the room, smiling.

"You said the exact same thing about my house." He chuckles adjusting the position of his collar.

"Do you need help?" I ask him, placing my bag down and standing in front of him.

Damien starts to protest once I take the tie in my hands, tip-toeing to get it around his neck. His breath hitches in his throat as I pull the collar of his shirt up, my hand brushing against him slightly. Finally tying the knot, I back away from Damien, watching him release his breath.

"You never answered my question." He states, sitting at his desk.

"About what?"

"Those hickeys. Who ever did them was very sloppy, I could have done better." He shrugs, still not looking at me.

"Well. Fun fact, you created them." I chuckle nervously, anticipating his response.