Short Time

Chapter 50: Short Time
Damien

My wedding is in two days.

Two days and I have never been more confused with myself.

She thinks I'm using her. She thinks of herself as a side chick.

But technically that was the role she was playing.

"Fuck!"

"What the hell is wrong with you? Chill." Killian walks by my door, drinking from a can of soda.

"She really thinks I don't mean what I say." I repeat, shaking my head.

"I have a feeling you aren't talking about Marinette."

"No shit." I glare, running a hand through my hair.

"Tia?" I hear Skai yell, appearing behind Killian soon after.

"Maybe."

"Damien, be honest with me," Skai comes into my home office, sitting down on an empty chair. "Have you been feeling Marinette since you met Tia?"

"No." I answer without hesitation, gripping the chair handles. Skai raises an eyebrow and I shake my head. "We haven't had sex since either."

"Tia said you and her sister did it in your car."

I think for a moment, trying to remember before my eyes widen.

"You mean the day Marinette tried to do it it my car? She took off almost everything and was, you know, touching herself." I shudder, explaining to my sister-in-law.

"So you haven't, done that?" Skai reassures, making a confused face.

"No. Not at all." Shaking my head, I bite my lip in the process, looking down at the papers in front of me.

Why the hell did I let Tia take over my head?

"And when you went into the house with Marinated's bag?" Skai jokes, frowning at the thought of Marinette.

"She just left it in my car. It's not that big of a deal. And you know Marinette can be an actor when she wants." I shrug, spinning in my chair.

"Oh. Well then, I had you all wrong. I guess it's better to see from someone who was actually on the receiving end." Skai mumbles, resting her head in her palm.

"So you like like Tia?" Killian walks further into the room, sitting down next to his wife.

"Do I?"

I do, I like her a lot.

"You do. Don't deny it." Skai responds, speaking quickly.

"You know what we should do? Go-" Killian starts to suggest the club, but Skai slaps him in the back of his head lightly.

"No clubs!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"If you could do something crazy what would it be? I'd change my answer."

There was this time where Tia was asking me random questions in her sleep. She asked me about the craziest thing I would do if given the chance.

"I'd fall in love. I want to fall in love with someone else. It should last."

"You want to fall in love with who?" Skai asks, laying down in the couch. "Tia? She'd like that."

"Yes. I really want to." I nod, something clicking in my mind.

"Well then, figure it out Damien. I want the both of you guys happy. Tia is actually one of us." Killian rubs his temples, contributing to the conversation.

"Well guys, I'm not going."

"Wait, what?"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"You're serious about this Damien? Just give it some time. You aren't in your right mind."

"I am in my right mind."

"But you're just not going to go? At least show up and then leave again." Skai tried to reason with me.

"Damien, don't be irrational." Killian pats my back, pointing his finger. "I mean, I never liked the girl but don't be cruel."

"Fine. I'm not getting married." I state, making the two of them start clapping. "You guys are so weird."

"See. That is something we'll support. But not going is just evil." Skai cheers, jumping up and down. "Now, let's figure this out. And you better not hurt Tia or else I will murder you."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Tia

Today I was with Mrs. Gray at her business to learn about everything I needed to do.

Honestly, her job is something better than what I could ever imagine, she got to design all day.

"Tia honey, can you pass me that stapler?"

"Oh sure."

Right now, she was just mailing off a bill for one of her clients. Mrs. Gray was entertaining me in the process, talking about her family background...

But then she started talking about her opinion on the wedding.

"Look, I'm not saying Marinette's using my baby for his money, but I'm not saying she isn't." She waves the stapler around, looking up through her eyelashes.

"What do you mean?"

"Tia, you're an incredibly smart girl, you know what I mean. Marinette doesn't care about Damien." Raina mutters, emphasizing the word care. "All she cares about is how many figures are in his bank account. People like that end up alone and broke."

"Mrs. Gray, can I ask you something?" I ask, playing with my hair.

"Of course, hon. Ask anything."

"Okay, say you were doing things with an engaged man, things like hanging out. Sleeping over. Connecting. And you really like him, but he's getting married soon."

"Two words: I object." Raina puts up her fingers as she speaks, wiggling them around.

"But Mrs. Gray, would you want to be a side chick while he's about to get married?" Sitting in the chair in front of her, I rest my face in my palms.

"I know what you're talking about. But look honey, would he be happier with you or her?"

"Um," I think for a moment, but Mrs. Gray snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Marinette always threw my vibes off when she's around Damien, you don't. He'd be happier with you, no questions asked."

"How did you-"

"Mothers know. It's an instinct, now help me with this: ombré or monochrome?"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Author's Note:

The next chapter will be the wedding.

Honestly, if you feel like anything is going slow, or is sort of stupid, just tell me. I'm open to any and all constructive criticism.

Feel free to vote and comment, I absolutely love hearing what you all think. ♡︎

Thank you, bye.