Number

Chapter 3: Number
Tia

"You know, Tia-"

"Would you like something to drink?" I ask, cutting him off.

"What do you have?"

Leaving him at the sink, I open the fridge and squat.

"We have-"

"I'll take the Sprite, thank you." He cuts me off and I can hear the laughter in his voice.

Taking the bottle out and standing up straight, I feel my back press again his body.

"Uh- Damien? You're kinda touching my..." I stutter over my words, breathing heavily. I can feel his downer part brush against my back as he moves away.

"Sorry, Tia."

There's something about the way he says my name that gives me butterflies in my stomach. I'm not sure if it's because of his Italian accent or just his voice in general but I'm extremely intrigued with the feeling.

"Here you go." I pass him a disposable cup with soda in it and he takes it from me, our hands brushing against each other.

"Thank you, Tia."

"Why do you keep saying my name so much?"

"I like the way it sounds when I say it. Is that a problem, Tia?" He raises an eyebrow at me, smirking.

Before anything else can happen, Marinette comes running into the kitchen, immediately talking to Damien.

He chuckles at something she whispers in his ear and the next thing I know, the two of the leave me in the kitchen alone.

"Did you get his number?" Lilian pops her head in through the door, winking at me.

"No crazy. Why would I get my sister's boyfriend's number?"

"Social security number. Credit card number. Phone number? Body count? Any number is fine." She sits at the Island with me, checking her nails.

"No. I didn't get his number, crazy."

"Shaking my head, Tia. You had one job."

"Don't you have to go home? Before your mom gets home?"

Lilian checks the time on the clock before cursing and running out the side door.

"I'll see you in school tomorrow, okay?" She runs back inside to hug me before leaving again.

"Only if you don't have detention."

"Oh shut up." She yells through the window before bolting to her car.

"Bye."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Bye Damien!!"

"Bye, babe. I'll see you tomorrow." Damien kisses her forehead before stepping back and looking up at the staircase where I was standing, waiting for them to stop. "Bye, Tia."

"B-bye, Damien. It was a pleasure to meet you."

Damien gives me a final once over before smiling and clicking his tongue. "Likewise, Tia."

"I'll walk you to your car, babe." Marinette holds his hand and pushes him out the door, the two of them waving back at me.

Walking away into my room, I jump face first into my bed. The pillows pushes up against me and I laugh to myself.

Turning over onto my back, I sigh in content thinking about today's events.

"Isn't Damien just amazing?!" Mari pops her head in through my door before leaving again, closing the door behind her.

My phone bings after her disperse and I turn on my side to check.

"Unknown: It really was a pleasure seeing you today.

Me: who is this?

Unknown: Who else could it be? Think Tia.

Me: damien?"

Unknown: yes ma'am. You're sister gave me your number before I left

Quickly putting in his contact info, I enter the chat again.

"Me: oh.

Damien: is that alright with you?

Me: yeah of course. What's up?

Damien: nothing. I was just making sure you knew. Goodnight Tia.

Me: 'night Damien.

Damien: I hope to see you again soon.

Me: likewise."

Smiling to myself, I turn my TV on, covering myself in my blanket and dozing off soon after.

My phone bings one last time for the night but I ignore it, thinking it's just Lilian bothering me.

"Damien: I kind of hope I met you sooner. You seem like an amazing person."