Different Maybe

Chapter 48: Different Maybe
Tia

"Get in, we're going shopping."

"I see you watched the movie? And you missed a word."

"Yeah." Damien grins widely, scanning me. "It was really good. Now get in."

"If this is your way of asking me on a date, I'll stay home." I joke, turning around to go inside.

Marinette was out of town for her bachelorette party, meaning she'll be back in two days.

"Tia, do you want to go on a date with me?" He coos, making me smile.

Turning back to face him, I nod quickly, walking back to his car.

"I don't want to go shopping though. Take me to IHOP." I exclaim, buckling myself in.

"Sure. But I had another idea in mind."

"Where?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Oh my god, come here."

"Tia, you're going to scare them."

"I'm not. They're just so fluffy though." I coo, picking up the baby sheep.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Damien questions, squatting down next to me.

"Yeah. But I'm not a baby, just so you know."

"You're awfully excited though." He chuckles, petting the animal in my hands.

"Woahh." I brush him off, setting the sheep down. "Let's go."

Leaving Damien behind, he catches up to me and holds my hand, allowing me to drag him.

"Can I borrow a quarter?" I ask, stopping at the duck pond.

Damien hands me a handful of coins, following behind me.

When the food flows out onto my hand, I throw some in different directions, making sure the ducks saw them.

"Oh shit!" I cry out when one of them fly out of the pond, going extremely close to me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Throwing more food in the water, a piece accidentally hits a duck and it looks up, swimming closer.

"We should go somewhere else now?" I laugh nervously, backing away.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to die."

Speed walking away, I find myself in a barn, but there were puppies there. Barely anyone was in here so it was easy to navigate, and actually get to touch something.

"Oh my gosh! Let me hug you!" I turn around in circles, finding the nearest sink to wash my hand.

Dogs start surrounding me, happy that someone was here.

"Ah! You're so cute."

Picking up a Teacup Pomeranian, I hold it in my hands. The puppy starts panting and I struggle to read it's collar, finally making out the word 'Lana'.

"I want one of these dogs when I get older." I tell Damien, noticing him nearly get tackled by the bigger dogs.

"Why that one?"

"Because, they're so cute and tiny. I want a girl, I'm going to name her Tequila."

"Odd choice." He chuckles, petting another dog.

"Odd but unique." I correct him, scrunching up my nose.

"Mhmm."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Can I get this?"

"Get whatever you want."

"Okay. I want chicken and pancakes. And a breakfast sampler to take home. I might get hungry. And a vanilla milkshake." I order, watching the girl write.

"And for you Mr. Gray?" She chirps, looking down at him.

"You know him?"

"Everybody knows him." She shrugs, giving Damien her attention again.

"I'll have what she's having. But a sprite instead. Thank you."

The waitress nods, taking the menus from us before walking away.

"Damien can I ask you a question?" Looking him in his eyes, I wait for a response.

"Ask anything you want."

"Do you think we, you know, have an understanding?" I ask, confused on what I was saying.

"You understand me better than a lot of people in my life, believe it or not. And I'm pretty sure I've gotten to understand you somewhere close to Lilian's level?" He raises an eyebrow at me, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Yeah."

"So then why do you ask?"

"Because you're getting married." I say without thinking, not bothering to sugarcoat it. "To my sister."

"Oh right." Damien rubs his temples, obviously thrown off. "Let's not talk about that for now."

Before I'm able to respond, the waitress comes back with two plates and a container in her hands, setting them down before leaving.

I start pushing the chicken strips around, thinking to myself.

"Eat." Damien grits out, poking my forehead.

I was quick to defend myself, glaring at him. "Well damn, I was."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Thank you for today. I enjoyed myself."

"My pleasure. I want to take you out again sometime?" Damien responds, biting his lip.

"We'll have to make arrangements then. Bye now."

Walking away from the car, Damien calls out to me and I turn back.

"I meant to give you this."

He steps out the car, holding a glass box in his hands. "Don't open it until you get inside."

"Alright, I guess. Bye now." I jog to the front door before he's able to call me back, opening the front door to go in.

Making my way upstairs, I sit down on the bed, carefully opening the gift.

A gold necklace was inside, and the pendant of it was my name surrounded with flower designs.

A small paper was under the cushion and I pull it out, reading in my head.

'Voglio che tu sappia che sei tutto per me. I want you to know you mean to world to me.'

"Wow." I was in awe, this gift was really amazing.

Yes, now put it on and show Lilian. Her boyfriend could never.

"Oh my god, why do I think these things?"

I twist to get my phone which was behind me, texting Damien quickly.

Me: I like you. And this is cute. But I'm going to have to stop for a while. Until circumstances are different.

Damien: What do you mean?

Me: I'm basically your side chick right now, if you haven't noticed. I may be all for this, but not while you're taken.

Damien: I get it. I wouldn't want to have to hide things either.

Me: thank you. I have to go now.