Becoming Tia

Chapter 57: Becoming Tia
Tia

*two years later*

He said there was a reason. A reason why I did what I did.

That I was going to make them happy, it would be great. I believed him.

I regret it.

"Fuck shit!"

"Tia stop cursing!"

"The fuck do you want me to do?" I scream again, gripping his hand.

"Tia, just breath." Skai coos, patting my head.

"Ah, I see the head. Just push honey." The nurse directs me as I glare at her.

"When this is over, you better take your child. Never again!" I groan, looking over to other the side of the room.

Killian had fainted across the couch, his lips parted as sweat beads rolled down his face.

"Fuck him too!"

Allow me to fill you in. Last year, Skai finally took up my offer of a baby.

But instead of my second born, they're getting my first. And my first isn't mine.

Damien and I have... fooled around. But it hasn't gotten to the point where we fuck.

I want to wait for marriage. Or at least when the time is perfectly right.

"Fuck this."

"He's almost here! Push one last time."

"Tia. You got this." Damien coaches me, nodding his head. "Oh shit, baby. You're hurting me."

"Well that big head monster is hurting me!" I apply more pressure on his hand as Skai gasp. I suddenly don't feel pressure anymore.

"Aww, he's here." She smiles, her lip quivering.

Damien leans over to kiss my forehead, pushing my hair out of my face.

"You did great."

The nurse puts the baby in Skai's arms and she starts rocking back and forth, mumbling randomness to him.

"Big head."

"His name is Jonathan. Jonathan Damon Gray."

Looking up at the baby, I smile before a scowl appears on my face. "I hate him already."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

*four months later*

"Oh god! I love you!"

"Tia. Please don't hurt him." Skai runs behind me as I walk away with the baby.

She had a bottle in her hands and an extra bib as I brought Jonathan into the nursery, sitting with him on a chair.

"You, young man. Were here four months ago." I tell him, watching him grab my hair. "I work here. And we don't eat hair."

Twirling my hair around my finger, I pull it out of his grasp, tucking the strand behind my ear.

The baby gurgles, his tiny hands reaching up to touch my face. I think he's going to hold my cheek but inside he pushes a finger into my nose.

"Jonathan, you're nasty."

He yawns, his brown eyes closing as Skai comes speed walking to me, holding out her hands for him.

"Awe. My baby's tired. Come on." She coos, walking out the door. "Get back to work, Tia."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey, handsome."

"Hi, gorgeous. How was work?" Damien asks as I buckle in my seatbelt.

"Good. Skai and Jonathan came to visit. And you?"

"It was great. But I missed you." He clicks his tongue, side glancing at me.

"What?"

"Can I take you out on a date tonight?"

"Depends. Where too?" I smile, resting my arm on the window.

"Anywhere you want. I don't mind."

"Then let's go to Bon Bon. It's been a while."

Damien chuckles to himself, reaching over to put his free hand on my thigh as he continues driving.

"Then it's a date."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Damien! If you don't get over here!" I warn him, placing my hands on my hips. "This is what happens when you get old!"

"I'm not old. Try me." He challenges me, finally getting closer.

"You're like, what? 26?" I ask him, throwing my arms over his shoulders.

"Keep talking and see if I don't throw you over this bridge."

We came to a bridge after eating, just to talk for a while.

"Mhmm." I hum, feeling his arms wrap around my waist.

"I have to buy you a new necklace. This one is rusting." He mumbles, playing with the chain around my neck.

"But I like this one." Pouting, I look up at him, his eyes flashing with a weird look.

"Tia. I have to show you something."

Releasing me, he shrugs his blazer off, exposing his arms. "Look."

Pulling up the sleeve, he shows me the tattoo on his arm, pointing to something below it.

"Mio amore. My Tia. Last time I checked, I belonged to myself." I joke, gently touching the area. "I love it."

"I love you." Damien states, tilting his head to get a better view of me.

"You what? You need to speak up." I joke, wanting to hear him say this for the millionth time.

"Are you deaf? I love you."

I feel myself get flustered as he looks me in the eyes, the gray orbs dilating.

"I love you too, Damien."

In a swift movement, Damien picks me up, sitting me on the podium in the middle of the bridge.

He kisses me deeply as I reciprocate, humming into the kiss.

In the middle of the moment, I feel a droplet hit me cheek, causing me to flinch. A few seconds later, the sky starts tearing up even more, soaking the both of us. Damien groans as he pulls away from me and I start laughing, spinning around on my heel.

"Tia come on. You'll catch a cold."

"If I catch a cold, will you still love me?" I smile playfully, poking him in his back.

"Maybe."

"Disrespectful!"