Ask It

Chapter 31: Ask It
Tia

Stretching, I wait for the banging in my head to calm down, standing up to use the bathroom.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I expected to still be in my clothes from yesterday, but instead I was wearing a dark blue crop top and pajama pants.

"Shoot." I curse, running a hand through my curls. "He-"

"He what?" A voice asks from the other side of the door and I open it, looking at my mother and Lilian.

"Hello beautiful..." I giggle nervously, watching Lilian glare at me.

"I'm making breakfast, okay? Be downstairs by 9:10." My mom tells me before leaving the room again, closing the door behind her.

"He what?" Placing her hands on her hips, Lilian tilts her head to look down at me.

"Um, yesterday. I wasn't wearing this when I got home. Damien brought me home and now I'm changed."

"Oof. He saw you naked?"

I quickly look under the shirt, noticing that my bra was still on. "Not completely."

Lilian starts to squeal and I feel my face heat up.

"You're ears are getting red. Awee!"

"Shut up." I mumble, closing the bathroom door in her face again.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"So. Marinette and I will be going out with Damien's mother today." My mom claps, explaining her day's plans.

"I have to finalize things at work. But then I'm meeting with Damien and his family to go over some things." My dad speaks after her, holding my mom's hand to stop her movements.

"Okay."

"Would you like to come, Tia? It would make it easier to buy the bridesmaids dresses from now too." Marinette looks at me from across the table, popping a few raspberries into her mouth.

"Wouldn't it be better to wait until the other bridesmaids could come as well? We aren't exactly the same size to be making decisions using just me." Holding my head down, I focus on my food, not bothering to say anything else.

"Tia," Marinette sighs, tilting her head to get a better look at me. "My other bridesmaids will be there. So you'll be fine, I promise."

I feel Lilian kick me from under the table, nodding her head for me to agree.

"See? Lilian's already in."

"Okay, I guess."

"Perfect! Finish eating so that we can get ready to leave."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Ah! Tia, baby! I've missed you!" Mrs. Gray engulfs me in a hug, shaking me around. "Keep me sane."

"Hi, Mrs. Gray."

"I told you to call me Raina." She laughs, covering her mouth. "I like this dress on you, where did you buy it?"

"H & M." I mumble, brushing my dress unconsciously.

"We have to go shopping together sometime. Okay?" She holds onto my shoulders, still smiling before looking behind me at Lilian. "And who is this beauty?"

"I'm Lilian. Tia's friend." Lili waves, standing closer to me.

"Oh. I love your name. It's a pleasure to meet you."