ImPerfect

Chapter 39: ImPerfect
Tia

As promised, the limo was here by 7:50, no earlier no later.

Lilian was already making her way outside, struggling to walk without tripping.

The stylist was holding my dress up behind me to make the walk easier, not letting go until I was in front of the vehicle.

"Thank you, Audrey."

"You're welcome, love."

Marinette comes walking out the house, my Polaroid camera in her hand.

"Pictures?" She laughs, her smile reaching her eyes.

"Sure. Lilian leave the limo alone."

Lilian- who was running her hand across the limo to make sure it was real- makes her way over to me, throwing her arm over my shoulder and smiling in Mari's direction.

"Perfect. Text me when you guys get there. Bye!" Marinette puts my camera in my hand before walking away again, closing the door behind her.

"Ready, Ms. James?" The driver opens the door for us and I nod, waiting for Lilian to enter before I go in.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hi Logan!" I yell over the music, watching my friends make their way to the table. "Hey, Riley!"

"Hi, Tia. Lilian." Logan glares in Lilian's direction, making her stick her tongue out at him.

"Stupid bitch." She mumbles, looking at him.

Riley sits down across from me, her top sparkling. She smiles slightly and I bounce in my seat, happy that she's finally warming up to me again.

"You want to dance, Lilian? You too Riley."

Pulling the both of them out of the booth, I take them to the center of the floor.

Lilian starts dancing to the music as Riley sways back and forth, obviously uncomfortable.

"Are you okay, Riley?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She explains, not giving me time to ask another question. "Don't worry."

"Ah! Tia this is my song! Sing with me." Lilian holds my hands in her, waving them side to side.

"Writing On The Wall" starts playing and Lilian is screaming at the top of her lungs, trying her best not to miss a lyric.

"You see the writing on the wall. Hold onto me and I go-"

"Lilian calm down. Shit." A male voice sounds out of nowhere, causing Lilian to look behind her.

"You said you weren't coming!" Lilian hits William's chest, making him stumble a bit.

"I wanted to surprise you." He chuckles, making her smile. "Hey, Tia."

"Hi, William."

William huffs subtly, looking back and forth from Lilian and I.

Randomly, Logan comes over as well, bro-hugging William and the two of them walk away, talking about a plan they had.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Ugh!"

"Don't hate me, babe. It was an innocent little prank."

"Little? I'm soaked, William. Tia's soaked!" Lilian screams, flashing her arms.

I just stand there, shocked as Riley and Logan start laughing, a few other people coming to look.

"I hate you, Logan." I mumble, looking him dead in the eyes.

His face pales as he starts to apologize but I walk away, my dress weighing me down.

"Didn't you say Damien lives around here?" Lilian waddles behind me, her dress clinging to her even more. I nod quickly, not bothering to look in her direction. "Then let's go there."

"We can't just show up unannounced, Lilian. What if he's busy?"

"Well then, would you rather freeze?"

"No." I mumble, continuing to walk down the road.

Ten minutes of walking and we finally made it to his door. Lilian gasps when we get there, eagerly ringing the doorbell.

"Yes? Don't you thinks it's a bit late to-" He grumbles before looking down, making eye contact with me. "What the hell happened?"

Lilian starts to explain the set of events, pushing her hair behind her ear ever so often.

"Shit. Come in." Damien steps out of the way, pointing at the couch.

"I'm wet." I murmur, wiping my face in my sleeve.

"I can see that. Go upstairs." Damien instructs, talking gently. "I'll go out and buy you some clothes, Lilian."

"So what about me?"

"You can wear something of mine. I'll be back." He grabs his car keys, winking before walking outside.

"Oof. Let's go."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Would you like to sleep in the other guest room, Lilian?"

"Nah. I'm good." She counters, a smile playing against her lips.

Damien glances at me, biting his lip before looking away again.

"Are you sure? The house is big enough."

"I'm positive. It's been a while since I've bothered Tia at night."

The two of them laugh, Damien looking at me again.

"Goodnight, girls."

"Night, Mr. Gray." My friend and I say in unison, waiting for him to leave before laying down.

"So. How was prom?" I giggle, trying to lighten her mood.

Lilian scoffs while rolling her eyes. "It was amazing. Before those jerks."

"Yup."

"Tia, you look awfully comfortable in Damien's clothes." Wiggle her eyebrows, Lili runs her hand across the fabric of his sweatpants, squishing my thigh in the process.

"It's just comfy in general." I hum, avoiding her stare.

To be honest, it was extremely comfortable, and it smelt like Damien too which was a bonus.

"Why is men's clothing so much better than women's?" I ask, changing the subject.

"You ask some strange questions. Go to sleep."

"Oh wait. One more picture. Say cheese." 

Leaning over the side of the bed, I pull my camera out, nudging Lilian. She makes the peace sign and I copy her, pressing the button.

"Perfect."