When You Don't

Chapter 51: When You Don't
Tia

"Aye dude, come here."

"What, Tia?"

"You got a dollar?" I ask, trying not to laugh.

"For what?"

"So I can go buy a slushee." I exclaim, making my sister glare at me.

"Nobody's leaving. Do you hear me?" She points, going back to her stylist.

Sitting back in my seat, another makeup artist comes back to me, gently placing small gems next to the winged eyeliner. When she's done, she gently pats me, signaling for me to take my earbuds out and go line up.

Leaving the room, I make my way to the gathering point, standing behind Lilian who was already waiting to go up.

My partner, Jeremy, comes in soon after me, linking our arms together before it's finally our turn to go up.

Standing at the front of the room, I nod to him before letting go, walking to the side where the other bridesmaids were.

I was looking down the aisle, waiting to see Marinette. Turning my head, I notice Damien looking in my direction and I smile at him, giving him a thumbs up.

Music starts playing and Marinette and my dad finally walk out, Marinette's crown was sparkling under the light.

When her and our father finally make it to the top, he kisses her forehead, walking away to sit with my mom.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join two individuals, into one."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Now, answer this question. Do you, Marinette Aubrey James, take this man, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest ask, holding a book under Marinette's hand.

"I do." My sister laughs, looking down at her hand.

"And do you, Damien Carmichael Gray, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I... I-"

Damien hestitates, looking between his hand and Marinette. He tilts his head back, making eye contact with me.

"You do." I mouth to him, smiling tightly.

"He does. Damien, say you do." Marinette grits out, and I can hear the annoyance in her voice.

"I can't. I don't." He shakes his head, retreating his hand behind his back.

The guests gasp and I see Lilian roll her eyes.

"We all knew this was going to happen." She mutters, laughing time herself.

"What do you mean you don't?" My sister shrieks, stepping back.

"I don't want to marry you Marinette."

"You're fucking lying." Mari curse, walking over to where I was standing. "Give it."

She takes the flowers from my hands, picking up her dress to walk back over to Damien.

"You're fucking lying, I see it right there." Lilian mutters under her breath and I try not to laugh. "Just for today."