For Me

Chapter 53: For Me
Tia

"Wake up."

"Two more minutes. I'm on summer vacation."

"Mom asked for you to come in early."

"At 7:30, yeah. I just checked the time, it's seven." I mumble, turning my back to him.

"You do remember that it's a thirty minute drive, right?" Damien chuckles, kissing my cheek.

"Shoot. You're right."

Throwing the duvet off my body, I run to my closet, picking up a pair of white sneakers and my book bag.

"Wait, you were already dressed?"

"Yeah. I woke up early and then went back to bed. Problem?"

Scanning him, I make note of what he was wearing. A black suit and a tie that was, for once, tied properly.

"Who did that for you?" I ask, pointing to the tie.

"Oh, your mom saw and started complaining. I told her I would have you do it but she insisted." Damien rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"Cute."

"I'm not cute."

"You're cute if I say you are. Now give me a ride."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Tia. Today you'll be working with the Johnsons, okay? They'll be here in two minutes. I'll be with another client in the other room." Raina explains to me, clicking her tongue.

"Yes, Mrs. Gray."

"I told you to call me Raina. And we need to talk when I come back."

Without giving me a chance to respond, Mrs. Gray leaves and the Johnsons enter.

"Hello, my name is Tia. How I can I help make your house, a home?"

"We want to completely strip a room. And redesign it." The man tells me, holding a paper in his hands.

"We can do that. How would you like the new room to look?"

"Cream walls, with polka dots. Pink ones. A small chandelier in the center. A corner of the room with pink carpeting. The rest of the room with hardwood." The lady describes and I smile at her.

"I like you, you know what you want."

"Thank you." She blushes, looking down. "Oh, and we need a side with shelves."

"May I ask, is this a baby room?"

"Yes, I'm five months along." She smiles, her body shaking slightly as she rubs her stomach.

"Awe. Okay, if you don't mind, can I input something?" I question, closing the pen for a moment.

"Of course, dear."

"Hmm, instead of regular pink, we could use pastel pink? Pastels are easier on a baby's eyes."

"That sounds perfect. Honey, let's do that!" She repeated hits her husband's leg, bouncing in her seat.

The two of them looked to be around Killian and Skai's age, which was still young but easy to see that they knew what they wanted.

I'll ask Damien to take me to see them later, its been a while.

"Okay, now let's draw a diagram of how this will end up."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«