24/7

Chapter 11: 24/7
Tia

The days quickly passed by and the next thing I know, I'm here getting ready to leave for the night.

Lilian was currently sitting in front of me, curlers in the front of her hair to curl her bangs. She just finished curling my hair for me with a curling iron, pinning it up into a bun.

Her makeup was half done, applying eyeliner and highlight was the last step.

"Why don't you wear makeup?"

"I just don't like it very much. Tilt your face." I adjust the angle so that I can match both eyeliner wings perfectly.

"You know who would really flip to see you in makeup?"

"Who?"

"Damien. Gray." Lilian stresses each part of his name, making me grin. "I can feel you smiling right now."

"Shut up and open your eyes." I start patting the brush into my highlighter, brushing across her cheeks and nose. "I'm done."

Lilian starts to laugh while standing up, pulling the curlers out at the same time. Picking her phone up, she checks the time and curses to herself.

"We're literally showing up fashionably late. Go take your robe off and let's go."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hold up. Hold up. Is that Tia I'm looking at?" One of the guys from my Spanish class take his glasses off and scoff. "At a party? Is someone dying?"

"Yes. Me if you don't get out my way." Lilian grits her teeth, pulling me past him.

"Hi Tia. Hey Lilian." The host of the party yells to us from across the hall, pushing through the crowd to reach us. "Sorry, hi. Have fun. The food and drinks are in the back and there's a game room to the other side."

He points in one direction, smiling to us at the same time. Lilian smiles back to him, blowing raspberries in embarrassment.

"Yeah. Of course, William. We'll see you around, right?"

"Well obviously. I have to go. See you." He winks at Lilian before bouncing on his heel to push through the now larger crowd.

"I'm starving." Lilian guides me into the kitchen where a bunch of other people were. "You?"

"I could use something to drink."

The minute I say that a group of guys start fighting for the handle of the drink machine, one finally winning and passing me a cup.

"Uh. Thanks."

"No prob." He gives me a toothy grin, watching as I take small sips.

"Come on, Tia. Let's go dance."

Lilian drags me again, int a crowd of dancing people this time. She begins to dance like a bunch of the other kids, me standing still, completely confused.

"You can't dance or something?" Someone behind me pushes up against me, startling me as I placed my cup to my mouth.

"Oh she can dance. She's holding out on me!" Lilian yells over the music, breathing heavily.

"Then why don't you?" 

"This type of dancing isn't in my comfort zone." I shake my head simultaneously, hoping they get the message and leave.

I feel the person shrug from behind me, walking away. I finish the rest of my juice, feeling slightly dizzy afterwards.

"Tia. C'mon. You promised to have fun." My friend whines, taking my hand and guiding me.

I start to laugh, dancing freely. Lili claps and follows me, hoping William comes over to us again.

"I'll be back!" I yell so she can hear me, waiting for her to respond.

"Okay! Get me something to drink too."

I leave her standing there as I walk away into the kitchen to get something to drink. The same group of guys from earlier pour me something and I thank them before turning around.

I feel my phone buzz from in my pants and I put the two cup in the crook of my arm to take it out.

Lilian: William brought me something to drink. And we're upstairs. A game of truth or dare is happening. Come up if you want. :)

Me: okay.

Getting ready to leave, I bump into a hard chest.

"Stay for a while." The guys lead me into the game room, telling me to sit. A couple other girls were already here playing games, some that I recognized from my classes.

"Hi Tia." One of the girls, Amirah, signals for me to come over to the pool table where her and a boy were playing. "Wanna play?"

"Sure." I quickly throw my head back to drink the rest of the liquid, realizing the buzz that was starting to surface.

"Each time your opponent gets a ball in, you have to drink. I'm done playing with this guy. So it's your turn." Amirah moves over for me so that I can take up the pool stick and somebody else comes over to exchange the empty glasses with full ones.

"Ready, cutie?" I recognize the voice as the same guy from earlier, nodding to him.

He was really good at this, getting three balls into different sections at once. I pinched my nose before quickly drinking three shots, getting back to the game.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Twenty minutes later and I was laughing like crazy, the group of us gathered to talk.

I was extremely unconscious of my well being, this actually being my first time drinking.

"Hold. On." I slur, turn away to go to the restroom.

Pulling my phone out my pocket, I struggle to read all the messages of someone blowing up my phone.

Lilian: I couldn't find you. Thought you went home. Still with William, wish me luck.
Lilian: At least text me when you wake up. I'm hella drunk rn.
Lilian: can't believe you left me.

The next few messages were from Damien, and three missed calls.

Damien: Answer the phone when I call you.
Damien: Are you out still?
Damien: Lilian called me and ask to pick you up. I'm on my way.
Damien: Tia I'm not playing with you. Answer.
Damien: Fuck it. I'm coming in to get you.
Damien: Be ready.

I finish reading his messages as the typing bubble pops up, him texting me again.

Damien: I'm inside. Get your ass out here.

Me: dominant much?

Damien: Thats just how I am. Now let's go.