Save The Date

Chapter 18: Save The Date
Tia

"I was thinking we could go to get ice cream. Or boba."

"A new place opened a few blocks away. We can invite-"

"Don't say it. She can stay home and if she doesn't go Logan can't come either." Lilian mumbles, continuing to paint my nails.

"Fine. Let's invite William too. We can go as a group. And Mari and Damien. Double date plus a third wheel." I giggle, fixing my position on the floor.

Lilian closes the cap on the polish, blowing on my nails.

"So it's a plan?"

"Of course."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I hate it when you do that!"

"Do what?"

"Eat my stuff. Come on, Tia. Give it back." Marinette whines, grabbing for the bottle in my hand.

"Be nice, Mari. Sharing is caring." I giggle with a high-pitched voice, putting the bottle up to my mouth.

Damien walks behind the two of us, chuckling to himself. I had a weird feeling of someone watching the back of me, burning.

"You're embarrassing me, Tia Ava." My sister says through gritted teeth, glaring at the side of my face.

"If you just shared," I place the bottle back on her hand, turning back to look at Damien. "You wouldn't be feeling that way."

On that note, Lilian comes up next to me, pulling me into the shop. The five of us sit down at a table together, reading the menu.

"What are you getting?" Damien leans across the table to me, placing his chin in his palms.

"I don't know. What looks good to you?" I grin, watching his eyes dilate slightly. Marinette was looking down at her phone, obviously not seeing what was happening.

"It isn't on this menu."

"Well pick something random on the menu." I roll my eyes, making him chuckle.

"Get this." He points to something on the menu, showing it to me.

"Vanilla Baby?"

"It sounds interesting. And it suits you." Damien shrugs, gazing back at me.

"Well then. You get this." I point to the item across from it, causing Damien to laugh to himself.

"Overpowering? This place has some weird names."

"Should we go order now?" Marinette looks up from her phone, tapping the table.

"I'll text you the orders." Lilian shoos Mari away before asking what we wanted, typing.

When Marinette finally returns, she's holding the containers in one arm and the change in the other. Damien reaches out to help her, making her blush.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Oh! We have some new information!" Marinette's voice raises before she holds Damien's hand on the table.

"You sure you want to do this?" Damien gazes down at her, lifting an eyebrow.

"Of course. So I know our wedding is all over right now. But we've officially decided on a day. A month and a half from now. July 19th. No more changing after this, we sent the save the dates out this morning." My sister laughs, rubbing circles on Damien's hand.

"Are you guys positive on this? Because I don't have time to change the spaces on my calendar anymore." Lilian waves her spoon around, making a face at Marinette.

"Yes we are. Right, babe?"

"Yes. Of course." Damien mutters, looking at me.

I blush, holding my head down.

"See, Lilian? It's good." Mari grins again before eating again

"Yeah, totally."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Babe, you know I can't go!"

"You're telling me this last minute, so how the hell would I know?"

"I'm not prepared to go. Nor do I have the strength."

"Yes. Of course." Damien's voice was laced in defeat as he scoffs, turning his back to Marinette.

I was watching the scene from the staircase, not know what they were arguing over.

"Don't do that, Damien." She reaches out for him but he moves further away.

"Marinette just stop. I'll see you another day." Damien scoffs again, closing the door behind him.

Marinette rolls her eyes before sitting on the couch, turning the television on.

Retreating back into my room, I notice my phone light up, a message appearing.

Damien: Hey. Do you want to go to a gala with me tomorrow?