Baby

Chapter 54: Baby
Tia

"Hey Kat."

"Oh, hi Tia. What's up?" She looks up from her phone, turning it off.

"Nothing. We just figured we should come talk to you." I giggle, sitting on the couch across from her, Skai sitting next to me.

"You and Damien are dating right?" Katerina questions, side glancing at the kitchen door and I nod. "Those two brothers have a thing for black girls."

"Pardon?" Skai coughs, her eyes widening.

"Oh nothing. I'm just saying, Killian ended up with a black girl. And now Damien. You know, he used to date my best friend, who wasn't black."

Kat laughs to herself and I tense, confused at where she was getting at.

"Is there a point you're getting at?" Skai asks, checking her nails.

"Oh no. I was just saying." She stops talking for a moment, thinking to herself. "What's so good about you girls?"

"It's something about their melanin!" I hear Killian yell from the kitchen, the kitchen window opened. "It's just gorgeous."

"Thank you, Killian." Skai yells back to him, blowing him a kiss.

"You're welcome, star."

Waiting for the window to close, Skai throws her right leg over her left, clasping her hands over them. "Fuck off."

"I'm just asking. Not even my own daughter likes me as much as she loves her." Kat spits, pointing in my direction.

"Sophie isn't your daughter, Katerina." Skai states, making me gasp.

"She isn't?" I mumble, making Skai nod her head.

"I technically adopted her, so yes she is."

"Sophie's mom was a light skin. Absolutely amazing. Katerina, not so much." Skai whispers, loud enough for me to hear.

"What happened to her?"

"Car accident. She died when Sophie was born. You're spirit is like hers though." Skai replies, smiling to herself.

"Devine was a bitch."

"Her name was Devina, and you're a bitch." Skai refutes, puffing up her cheeks.

I sit back and listen to the two of them going back and forth, noticing Sophie walk down the stairs.

"Angel? What happened?" She rubs her eyes, climbing up onto my lap.

"Would you like to come sit with mommy, baby?" Kat coos, holding her arms out for Sophie.

"No thank you. What happened, angel?"

"Nothing, Sophie. How was your nap?"

Sophie yawns, cuddling me. "It was great. I dreamt about fairies. Can I tell you?"

Smiling down at her, she claps and starts talking.

"I was the princess. And the fairies tried to make me the queen, because the real queen went missing. So I went on an adventure to find her, and she was a glowing light. So I took her spot because I didn't have time for all that." Sophie shrugs, drumming her fingers on my arm.

"Oh wow. That sounds great, you'd have to draw me a picture sometime."

Sophie's eyes light up as she jumps off of me, running away to go back upstairs. "Angel, come on. Let's go draw!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"We need to make a contract."

"Why is that?"

"Because he keeps kissing you and that's not right." Sophie mumbles, drawing a line on a paper. "Sharing is caring."

She pokes Damien's chest, making him chuckle at her cuteness.

"Can I boop you on the nose?" Sophie holds her finger in my direction, waiting for an answer. I nod quickly, closing my eyes so that I don't flinch. "Boop. You next, Uncle Damien. Say it."

"Boop." Damien says in a monotone voice as he touches my nose, humming to himself.

"Now, sign here, angel baby." Sophie puts the crayon in my hand, pushing the paper over.

"Let me read it first." I insist, turning the paper. "There's nothing here."

"Exactly, you have to write it. I'm only four, I can't write well."

"Okay, number one: no kissing in front of Sophie." I say, writing at the same time.

"Unless it's on the cheek and I get one too."

"Number two: Damien is allowed to call Tia, baby as well." Damien points to the paper, signaling for me to write.

"Number three: Sophie comes first." Sophie giggles, her eyes squinting.

The three of us continue writing random rules down, finally finishing at number ten.

"We aren't following any of these." Damien leans over to me, whispering in my ear. "I wouldn't be able to resist."

"What are you going to do when I leave for college?" I respond, turning my head to look at him.

"Miss you. And come visit, simple." Damien nudges me, hard enough for Sophie to notice.

The little girl stands up before pushing herself between us, slinging her arms over our shoulders.

"Yeah, Tia baby. And he has to take me too."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Author's Note:

Two quick things...

1) thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me, you have no idea. I can be pretty bad sometimes but this keeps me going.

2) after this chapter, I will be doing time skips to get to where I want. I feel like this book has gotten a bit long and I don't want to pass 70 chapters. So the next chapter will be October. And the next two after will be plus two years.

A huge gap, I know.

Wait, one more thing—— this chapter isn't edited.

Umm, that's all for now. Byee! ♡︎