New Ways

Chapter 36: New Ways
Tia

Two days later.

Two days after confessions happened and guess what.

My ass has been ghosted. Well, not necessarily ghosted but he's been distant.

I knew it was all fake. On second thought,

He sent me a text this morning, "sleep over?"

Sleep over where? It's not like your getting kicked out of Marinette's room again.

Damien: My house, smarty.

My head snaps up and I look around me, wondering how he knew what I was thinking.

Damien: Yes or no?

Me: what about Marinette?

Damien: She didn't tell you she's out of town for the night?

Me: oh yeah.

Damien: Good. I'll pick you up at 5.

Me: I didn't even agree yet.

And he left me on read.

Standing up, I go into my closet for a duffle bag, putting my pajamas and two outfits inside.

Exiting my room, I stand at the top of the staircase, throwing my bag down.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Is that Tia?" Damien coos, rolling his window down.

"No. My name is Baby." I deadpan, opening the passenger door.

Damien takes the bag from me, throwing it in the backseat.

"You're Baby?" He chuckles, waiting for me to get in.

"Yes. I'm baby."

When I finally get in, Damien drives off, not waiting for me to buckle my seatbelt.

"You know, it's not cool to ghost someone and then tell them to sleep over?"

"Sorry." Damien's ears turns red as he glances over at me. "I was finalizing things."

"Things like what?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

Folding my hands together, I hum to myself, nodding my head in the process.

"You move fast. You know that?"

"How do I move fast?"

"One day, you pin me on a wall and now, you're inviting me to your house." I state, blushing at the memory.

"Would you rather stay home alone?"

"Nope."

"Okay then."

Sitting in silence, I don't realize when we reach his house and Damien's getting out of the car.