Maybe I Am

Chapter 34: Maybe I Am
Tia

He wasn't there when I woke up.

So I'm guessing he didn't want to get pinched? Smart man.

Rolling out of bed, I drag myself into the bathroom, freshening up to present myself.

Making my way downstairs, Marinette and Damien were already in the kitchen eating, Lilian coming down behind me.

"Good morning, y'all." I chirp, lifting myself up to sit on the island between them. Damien looks up at me, a foreign look in his eyes as I steal the bread from Marinette's plate.

"I have to be at work by 8, do you think you guys will be fine, Tia?" Mari asks, picking at her food.

"Of course we will. But it wouldn't have killed you to feed me as well." I giggle, taking her bacon as well. "Turkey, right?"

"Yeah. And you can have it, I'm going to be late."

Pushing her plate away, I place it on my lap, eating Marinette's breakfast.

The tension between her and Damien was thick as she kissed his cheek before leaving, him not bothering to look up at her.

"Good morning, Mr. Gray." Lilian takes a seat next to me, waving in his direction.

"Hey, Lilian." He waves back, still not looking away from me.

Humming to myself as a distraction, I get startled when I feel a hand hold onto my ankle, stopping me from moving.

"Do you mind?"

"Do you mind?" Damien mocks me, smirking.

Jumping down from the edge, I drag a chair in between Lilian and Damien, putting my items down in front of me. Damien's hand moves back up again on my thigh, holding onto me.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-yell, looking at him.

"You saw the letter. No point in denying."

"What letter?" I ask, thinking about the things I had in my room.

"The letter in your bathroom. I don't know how you got it, but I can tell You've read it." He mumbles, running his free hand through his hair.

"Oh."

"Hey, did you guys forget I'm still here or something?" Lilian speaks up, knocking the table.

"Sorry, Lili."

"It's okay. I'm going to use the bathroom." She gets up and walks to the door, giving me a thumbs up before exiting.

"Answer me, Tia." Damien insists, tilting my head upwards.

"You didn't ask anything."

Standing up, I wash my dishes and go upstairs to my room, not waiting to hear anything else.

"Tia, get your ass back here." Damien sighs, annoyed, as he gets up following behind me.

Finally reaching my room, I sit down on my bed, waiting for him.

When he finally arrives, I'm able to get a better view of his outfit. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a white button down shirt, his tie hung across his neck.

It's more than cute, but the word to describe it is inappropriate.

"Talk to me. Tell me something at least." He begs, standing in the doorway.

"What exactly did you mean in that letter? What am I doing to you?" I ask him, standing up.

Damien walks further into my room, closing the door behind him. He shrugs, continuing to walk closer to the point where he's standing close to me, almost touching.

Bending down to look closer at me, Damien's eyes flash with the same look from earlier, which was still foreign to me. He hums to himself, biting his lip in a sensual manner.

"I don't know. There's something about you." His fingers graze across my cheeks, eyes piercing into my soul.

"Something like what?" I blush unconsciously, anticipating his next move.

Damien tilts my face up and I tip-toe to match his height, but fail.

Taking his free hand, he holds my waist and pushes me up on the wall, inching closer to me. Our lips graze across one another and his eyes darken.

"Oh. I think you know, babygirl. I'm attracted." He groans out and I bit my lip.

Setting me down, he pulls away and fixes his suit. Leaving me alone in my room, confused.

I remember the day at the mall. That moment where he looked at me, with that exact same aura surrounding him.

I asked myself if that look meant something, what the heck is going on?

I know the answer to my question, I'm just trying my hardest to suppress it, to forget about his eyes, his hair, his smile, his personality-

"It's just him in general, Tia." I mutter to myself, massaging my temples.

Yeah, it's good. But it's wrong.

So wrong.

Sitting again, trying to calm my breathing, I lay down throwing my arms out on either side of me. That small little thing that just happened made my feelings very clear.

This is escalating quickly.

Yesterday, we were just eating cake batter and today we're being honest. If someone had told me I'd start liking him I would have taken better precautions.

Wait, 'Like'? That's the word.

"I like Damien Gray."

.....