Tia Marie

Chapter 24: Tia Marie
Tia

Another week pasts, and I've noticed a lot of the little things about him.

How his smile shapes in a heart when he's really happy.

Or maybe how his voice becomes even deeper than normal when he's focused, or interested in something.

I shouldn't be focusing on these things. He's not mine.

And he never will be.

Damien Gray, what are you doing to my mind?

He hasn't even looked at me since last week, it's as if I messed up.

Or did we both mess up? Our friendship is ruined after that kiss.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I turn to my phone, seeing a text from Skai.

Skai: Sup homie.

Me: hey.

Skai: Do you want to hang out? I'll buy you coffee.

Me: I don't like coffee

Skai: Frappes?

Me: deal.

Skai: Meet me at Starbucks. I'll text you the exact location.

Me: okay.

Skai: And put a yellow heart next to my name. So we can match.

Me: yes ma'am.

Shutting my phone off, I walk over to my closet to take out an outfit. Quickly putting on a denim jumper and my vans, I put my phone in my small bag and make my way downstairs.

"Marin? I'm going out to Starbucks. Do you want anything?" I question without looking up at her.

"My usual please. And don't be rude, Tia." She scoffs, causing me to look up at her.

Damien was sitting there, leaned over reading a binder on the coffee table.

"Oh, hey Damien." I mumble, turning my back to them.

"Hi."

"Okay! Well I'm going to leave now. Bye guys." I cough awkwardly, not bothering to wait for their responses.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Skai: Get your ass in here and stop staring at your phone like that.

Looking around, I shake my head before opening the door and noticing her immediately. She motions for me and I tell her to join the line with me.

"Hello, human." I giggle, watching her almost trip over her leg.

"Hi child."

The line moves up and soon enough, we're at the front.

Skai orders a mocha latte and I get a Vanilla bean frappe and Marinette's passion fruit refresher.

Finally sitting at a table, Skai pulls out a sheet of paper from her purse, pushing it towards me.

"What's this?" The writing was very neat in short print style.

"I found it in Damien's bag earlier. The boys slept over their parents' house and I wasn't about to leave Killian." She speaks quickly, laughing to herself.

Reading over the page, I realized that the writing was very personal, seeing Marinette's name written a few times.

"I shouldn't be reading this." I hand the paper back to her, but Skai slaps my hand and tells me to continue.