Unwell

Chapter 62: Unwell
Tia

I was up all night waiting for Damien, I'm not sure when it started to take a toll on me.

I just know when the queasiness started to surface.

I was feeling weak after a while, my water bottle empty and I was completely out of strength to refill it.

Hearing the front door, I perk up, thinking it's Damien. Footsteps are heard as someone stops in front of the door, opening it before stepping in.

"Tia, honey? Are you okay?"

Damien's maid was here but still no Damien.

"Oh. Yes, Ms. Jones. I'm fine." I croak, resting my head on the headboard.

The woman turns the light on, looking back to me as I close my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

"Honey, you're pale! I'll be right back." Ms. Jones runs out the room before coming back a moment after, sitting down next to me with a bottle in her hand.

She gently lifts my chin up to assist me in drinking and I quickly gulp down the contents, sighing in relief.

"Mr. Gray isn't here?"

"No. He went out. He'll be back soon. Why don't you take some time to yourself?" I insist, turning on my side to get comfortable.

Ms. Jones nods, turning the lifts off and leaving me in the room, alone again.

I close my eyes, my body relaxing. The door opens and closes and I think Ms. Jones is just coming to check on me.

The side of the bed dips and I feel an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to them.

"Damien?" I mumble, feeling his hand make its way under my shirt.

"Yes, baby?"

"You're mad at me." I state, humming to myself.

"I'm not. I just wish you told me sooner." Damien chuckles, leaning over to kiss my neck.

"You're not leaving me, right?"

"What the hell, Tia? Why would I leave you?" Damien scoffs, gently turning me to face him. "You're the love of my life and you're grow our baby in you. I'm not going anywhere.

"Babies." I correct him, puffing up my cheeks. "Twins."

"You keep on making me happy." He touches my face, moving his hand all over the place. "You're burning up."

"I am?" I fake, smiling to hide it. "I'm good."

"No you're not. Were you throwing up? Tia, calm down."

I always get weirdly hot when I'm frustrated, and it worse now that I have to deal with queasiness.

"You can't really blame me, though. I thought you left me." I mutter, pursing out my lips.

"I'm sorry. I just had no idea what to think." He runs a hand through his hair, not breaking eye contact with me. "Can you forgive me?"

"Of course. Just take me with you next time."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Oh my gosh! I thought he was lying!"

"How can you tell?"

"You're bloated as hell, for one. And, you have a little something poking out." Skai laughs, poking my stomach.

I look down and notice my belly button showing, quickly using my hands to cover it.

"But the weird thing is, you shouldn't be showing this much. What's up?"

"It's twins." I laugh, my eyes squinting.

"Oh my!" Skai shrieks, jumping up. "I'm going to be double the aunt."

Killian walks into the room behind Damien, who was holding Jonathan in his  arms.

Damien sits on the bed next to me, handing the baby over.

"Well hello there. How are-" I being to talk in a baby voice before I feel something rise in my throat.

I quickly jump up with Jonathan in my hands, giving him to his mom before I run into the bathroom.

"Tia?" Damien comes in behind me, holding up my hair for me.

"I'm okay!"

"No, you're not."

I stand straight from my hunched over position, feeling him release my hair.

"I'm good. I promise."

Brushing my teeth, I walk back out the bathroom, sitting down on the bed.

"Take a nap, Tia." Damien orders, fixing the sheet.

"No."

"Now. I'm not going to say it again."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Oh gosh. Hey Barcelona."

"My name's not Barcelona." The little boy laughs, coming into the house, his mother walking in behind him.

"Then what is your name?" Skai smiles, rolling her eyes at Marinette in the process.

"It's Brandon! Where's Aunty Tia?"

I look up from my position on Damien's lap, waving slightly at him.

"Hi cutie."

Brandon runs over to me, jumping onto my lap. I smile, laying my head back down on Damien.

He runs his hands through my hair, rubbing my scalp.

"Hey, Brandon." Damien waves at the little boy before looking up at my sister to acknowledge her.

While Damien head is still up, I take the chance to look at his features from a different perspective. His jawline looked awfully sharp from the bottom and I keep myself from reaching up and touching it.

"What?" Damien looks back down and catches me, putting his hand over my eyes.

"Nothing. Just admiring what's mine." I joke, removing his hand.

Marinette walks closer to where I was and I laugh nervously, rubbing it in her face.

"Shut it, Tia." She mumbles, lifting her son up.

I sit up from where I was and climb onto Damien's lap, holding his face close to my chest.

"You like what's mine?" I question, rubbing his cheek. Damien starts humming at our close proximity, wrapping his arms around my torso.

Marinette rolls her eyes before laughing, sitting down next to us.

"Tia. I'm disappointed in you." Mari makes a tsk sound, shaking her head.

"Says the girl who told me when she was five months along." I refute, sticking my tongue out.

The three of us start laughing at each other before I feel queasy again.

I'm guessing Damien notices as he stands up with me still in his arms and walks to the downstairs bathroom, placing me down on my feet.

"You'll be fine, baby. Just six more months of this."

I start thinking about his words, thought thought of more nausea makes me sicker.

"Yes. Six more!"