Tired

Chapter 15: Tired
Tia

Opening my eyes this morning was a task, my blanket feeling extremely comfortable over me.

The light was shining in through my window and I groan, sitting up.

"Why are you still in bed?" Marinette pops her head in through my door, looking at me.

"I'm tired."

"Me too. But I have to go to work early. So get up."

"You're so mean." I reach over the side of my bed to unplug my phone and check the time.

"Hurry."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"You too?"

"Yup."

Lilian was sitting at our desks, her head barely up to look at me. She starts yawning, stretching in her seat.

"Oh. William asked me out on a date tonight. I need your help getting ready." She perks you at the mention of his name, smiling to herself.

"Where's he bringing you?"

"To a restaurant. I think it's call Bon Bon. Or some fancy shit like that."

Rubbing my eyes, I sit at my desk, resting my face in my hands. The teacher walks into class soon after, greeting us before starting his lesson.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I. Am. Hungry." Lilian chants as I drive down the road. "I. Am. Broke."

"That's sad. You're going to be fed tonight to stop complaining."

"But that's so far away."

"It's literally two hours. You'll survive." Redirecting my attention to the road, my phone buzzes and I see Lilian pick it up.

"Damien texted."

From the corner of my eye, I can see her wiggle her eyebrows, smirking.

"What does it say?"

"You really want me to tell you?"

"Well duh."

"He asked if you have plans tonight?"

"Um. Text him back please, just ask why?" I mumble, turning into a different lane.

"He said he wants to come over."

"Shouldn't he be asking Marinette then?" My voice raises slightly and I shake my head.

Stopping in front of my house, I pull into the driveway, unbuckling my seatbelt but staying in the car.

"He said he's asking you though."

"Tell him that he doesn't have to ask me. He has to ask Marinette."

A see a person come out of the car across the street, watching as Damien walks across to us. Rolling the window down, he rests his arm in the space, staring me down.

"If I'm asking you it's obvious that I want to hang out with you. Not your sister."

"Well. I'm sorry to say but I do have plans tonight."

"What kind of plans?"

"Personal stuff." I mumble while opening the car door and stepping out. Lilian does the same and soon the three of us are walking into my house.

"I have to do her makeup." I state, pointing at Lilian before continuing. "And then I have something else to do as well.

"If it's homework, I can help and get it out of the way."

"It's not homework." I hear my voice rising slightly as I sigh

"Well then you're mine for the night. We can do whatever you have to do." Damien states before leaving the house.

Lilian laughs at the two of us before going upstairs, calling back at me to hurry up. My phone buzzes again and I check it, already knowing who it is

Damien: Be ready.