You're Mine

Chapter 65: You're Mine
Tia

*next year*

If you told me that today, February 14th, I would be getting married to my sister's ex...

I would have laughed in your face.

But today it's actually happening. I'm getting married to the love of my life.

Cliche.

Standing behind Lilian with my dad at my side, I wait for my turn to come.

The music finally starts and I make myself visible to the audience, my ball gown trailing as I walk.

"I have died every day. Waiting for you you~" The music plays and I look straight ahead of me.

Damien was wiping his eyes as tears streamed down his face, but he's smiling back at me.

"Treat her right." My dad tells him when we finally reach the top, kissing my forehead before he walks away.

"You look beautiful. You always do." Damien moves the veil out of my face as I step closer to him, waiting for the ceremony to start.

"I know I do."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Mommy missed you! Yes she did." I coo, holding my baby girl up in the air. "Daddy and Mommy are finally married."

Damien comes closer to me, holding Liam in his arms. "Can Daddy borrow Mommy for a while?"

My husband asks Leelo and she babbles, spit bubbles coming out of her mouth.

"We'll take them." Skai and Lilian take the babies from us and Damien drags me to the center of the room, wrapping his arms around my waist as we start dancing.

"Baby, thank you for everything." Damien spins me around, my dress spreading out around me.

"Like what?" I giggle, holding his shoulder when I come back.

"I'm happy with you. Thank you for making me happy."

"If I make you happy, then you make me happier. I should be the one saying thank you." I respond, pursing my lips.

"Ti, I forgot to ask you something." Damien mumbles, calling me by my nickname. "Why couldn't I pay for your dress?"

"Because I don't need a man to spoil me too much. You're rich, I could have whatever I wanted." I joke, watching his smile falter. "But I chose not to. We can spoil each other."

"You'd spoil me how?" Damien's voice goes low as he bites his lip and I blush, hiding my face in his chest.

"You'll see."

"I'd like to make a toast!" I hear Lilian yell through the microphone, catching my attention.

Damien quickly walks us to our seats, pulling my chair out for me.

My friend clears her throat and I shake my head, already knowing what's about to happen.

The two of us made a bet in high school: whoever got married first, the other would have to sing a song from a musical for their toast.