Lies

Chapter 59: Lies
Tia

*one week later*

"You're lying!"

"I'm not!"

"How big?" Lilian leans forward, placing her cup down.

"You wouldn't want to know!" I laugh, speaking in a hushed tone.

"Omg he's huge. I knew it!"

Lilian continues ranting about Damien, and I feel my stomach cramp, a weird feeling settling inside me.

"What's wrong, boo?"

"Nothing! I'm good." I brush her off, changing the topic.

"How's Ethan?"

"He's good. Really good." Lilian smiles, shaking her head.

"That's nice."

"How's Skai and the baby?"

"Who? My big head? He's good." I laugh, grabbing Lilian's hand. "This conversation is dry, let's go shopping."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"She like the way that I grr." Lilian rolls her R's, lifting her top lip.

"Dior dior!" I chant, dancing in the middle of the room.

"Tia! I'm rubbing off on you." Lilian shakes her head, sighing. "Does Damien have alcohol here?"

"Bottom right cabinet, white wine. Top left cabinet, vodka and rum." I point behind me, staring at the door.

The churning feeling settled again, a vibration surfacing as well.

"You want?"

Lilian comes back with the wine bottle and two glasses in her hands, popping the cork out with her thumb.

"When did you're period start Lilian?"

I always track mine through her, since we both magically start on the same day, same hour."

"This morning. Why, bae?"

"Ah, no reason." I stare into space, tapping my fingers on the table. "I didn't check yet."

"Ew, Tia." My friend winces, taking a sip of the liquid. "Check when I leave."

I hear the front door open and close before Damien walks into the living room, placing his bag down on my lap.

"Hi, baby. Hey, Lilian." Damien pecks my forehead, waving at Lilian.

"Oh, hey Damien."

"Is this my shirt?" His deep voice mumbles in my ear, kissing my jawline.

"Oh, yeah. I tied a belt around it, and sewed up some parts though. So it's my dress now." I giggle, pushing his face away.

"It looks good on you. I want it back."

"That's a no-can-do." Lilian laughs, pointing her glass at him. "She promised it to me."

"Is that so?" Damien snickers, pulling away from me.

"Yes sir." I nod, picking up the extra glass. "A little maybe?"

Lilian cheers, pouring wine into my glass. "Lia and Tia for life!"

I throw my head back, shaking my head as it burns my throat. "Amen!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Shit!"

"That's disgusting, Tia!"

"You say that and you ain't helping me! You bum!" I yell back to her, slamming the door in her face.

"You messed up the couch! Damien's, poor Damien." Lilian jokes, tapping the door.

"He's rich! He can buy it back!"

"Baby? Are you okay?" Damien knocks on the door, silencing Lilian.

I look down for a moment before opening my mouth, but I hear Lilian speak for me.

"Yeah she's fine! Just her period."

"Yeah. Of course." I mumble, still looking down.

Clean.

"Do you need me to get anything for you, mio amore?" (My love) Damien asks, concern laced in his voice.

"Um, pads? And candy." I reply, waiting for them to leave.

"Okay. I'll be back."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

*three days later*

Pacing across the room, I push a few gummy bears in my mouth before attending to the babies again.

"Hey, Amelia. You're going home today." I coo, throwing a blanket over my shoulder to pick her up.

The six-month old grabs my hair, playing with it in her small hands.

"Please don't eat my hair." I beg, pulling it out her grasp.

My stomach hasn't been hurting for the past few days, it must have just been a pre-menstrual ache.

But that still isn't here.

It's just late, no need to worry.

"Tia?"

Looking up from the baby, I notice my coworker, Janae, at the door.

"Oh, hey Janae. What's up?"

"Amelia's parents are at the front desk. She's not shaking, right?" Janae asks, coming closer.

"No. She's a lot better now."

"Good. It's times for you to go, cutie."

Placing the baby back in her bed, I release the wheels, pushing her out to the front.

On the way up, my stomach starts cramping and I pause, shaking my head to dismiss the pain.

Weird.