Jealousy

Chapter 55: Jealousy
Tia

*time skip*

"I told you not to come."

"I wanted to visit."

"You have a business to run."

"Yo. I'm here too." Lilian pushes herself in between us, a bowl of ramen in her hands. "And Tia's mine now Damien, the sleep-over never ends."

"Is that my ramen?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Oh, yeah." She smiles, slurping up the rest of it.

"Do you want to go to the beach today?" Damien asks, running a hand through his hair.

Lilian and I started college last month and it's great so far.

Damien comes to visit whenever he's able, and sometimes Skai and Killian come with him.

And Sophie, can't forget Sophie

"It's the middle of October, Damien. What are we doing at the beach?"

"Freezing our asses off! I'm in." Lilian cheers, running down the hall to go to her room.

"Please?" Damien begs, taking my hands in his.

"Ugh, fine."

"Yes! I just love you!" He jokes and I feel my face heat up as I walk away from him.

"Thanks."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I'm fucking cold!"

"I told you we shouldn't have came." I mumble, putting my sweater on.

"Ah! There are guys from our Philosophy class here Tia, let's go say hi!" Lilian stands up from her chair, pulling my arm.

"We'll be back."

Looking down at Damien who was buried under the sand, I noticed him nod slightly before closing his eyes again, taking a nap.

The wind blows in my face, pushing my hair backwards. Strands of my curls blow to the left, getting in my eyes as I blink. Lilian's messy bun was started to come out as she complains, shutting herself up when we finally make it to the group.

"Hey, guys!" Lilian waves quickly, the boys stopping their game to acknowledge us.

"Hey Lilian, hi Tia." One of them, Austin, salutes, winking playfully in my direction.

"Can we play with you guys?"

One of Austin's friends, who I'm sure was Ethan, shakes his head no, his face turning red. "No, this is just friend time. Maybe another day."

My friend shrugs, pulling me back over to Damien- who was finally out of the sand mound I created on him.

Ethan had a major crush on Lilian, but she hardly looked at him. Lilian thought of him as an acquaintance, someone she'd cheat off of during Philosophy seminars.

"Baby, What do you want to do now?" Damien hugs me, rocking side to side.

"Um, we could-"

I get cut off by Damien's phone ringing, him quickly pulling it out his back pocket.

"Sorry, one second." Damien puts the phone up to his ear, walking away from the area.

Sitting down on the chair, I watch Lilian run over to where the guys were before coming back again, Austin trailing behind her soon after.

"Hey Tia."

"I just saw you." I mumble standing up from my seat.

Austin pushes his hands in his back pockets, swaying back and forth, nervously.

"I know but I came over to talk to you now. Do you think Lilian and Ethan would be a cute couple?" He jokes, making me laugh.

Looking behind him, I notice Lilian punch Ethan in the arm, laughing loudly when he winces.

"A super cute couple."

Austin grins back at me, taking a step closer.

"Um, I know this is weird to ask, but do you maybe want to go out for coffee sometime? Like a date?"

Opening my mouth to respond, a hand wraps around my torso, pulling me back into their chest.

"I'm sorry, she has a boyfriend."

"Oh, then maybe just as friends?"

Damien chuckles deeply, gripping my side tighter. "Nah kid. Get lost."

Austin nods quickly, jogging away back to his friends. Damien spins me around, almost bumping me into his body.

"That was unnecessary."

"He was flirting with my girlfriend, wouldn't you be jealous too?"

I pout, looking up to meet Damien's stare, his gray eyes darkening.

"Maybe." I mumble under my breath, turning my cheek to him.

Damien moves his hand up to hold my face, turning me back to face him.

"Say it louder, baby."

"Maybe I would. The world may never know." I repeat, winking at him before walking away.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Send noodles."

"And waffles."

"Oh, and gummy bears."

"And-" I start to speak before Damien holds his hand up, silencing me.

"Why don't you girls just write what you want?"

Lilian shakes her finger as the corners of her mouth quirked up. "Smart man."

"And why am I sending things down for you guys? Is there not a store here?"

I click my tongue, tilting my head to look at him. "If you send it, that means you're buying it. Which also means, we don't have to spend money on them." I explain, watching my friends nod in agreement.

"Beat the system 2020!" She throws her fist in the air, fist bumping me in the forehead. "Oh god! I'm so sorry, my precious little bean. I'll take you to Starbucks, forgive me."

"Okay, let's go." I laugh, taking the paper from her to give to Damien. "See you soon."

My boyfriend beams, running a hand through his hair before bending down to kiss my forehead.

"Bye, love."