Angel Baby

Chapter 41: Angel Baby
Tia

Walking into English class, I gentle place the boxes in my hand down, making my way to the teacher.

"Of course you may." She smiles, her eyes crinkling at the sides as I hold a box out to her and she picks up a pastry.

"Okay guys! I brought donuts!" I cheer, making the class rush to the front to get one.

"None for you." I mumble, slapping Logan's hand. He winces and moves his arm back, standing straight.

"Don't be like that, Tia."

"Leave me alone. We aren't friends anymore."

"Over one little prank? Tia, come on. Don't be like that."

"One little prank?" My voice rises and I sigh, picking up a pastry before dragging him outside the classroom. "One little prank is putting fake spiders in my bag. You ruined my dress."

"I didn't plan for it to be that bad." Logan shrugs, looking me in the eyes.

"And I already told you that I hate you. What isn't clear?" I scoff, looking at the donut in my hand.

"I don't wan-" He begins to speak before getting knocked to the ground, Lilian punching him in his back.

"Fucking bitch." She scowls, standing up and looking at me. "Ooh, a donut."

She laughs, taking it out my hand and biting piece, pointing it to my mouth after so we could share.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Tonight. Is the night. Tonight is the night." Lilian chants, punching the air.

"The night for what?"

"Damien's coming over your house. No? Him, Marinette, and I agreed on games and I'm going to win."

"Yeah, totally." I nod, turning into the driveway.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey. I hope it's alright that I brought my friend? And Sophie."

I hear Damien's bounce and look up from the tv, noticing Sophie and Marco.

"Yeah, of course." Marinette smiles, looking at Sophie before audibly scoffing.

"Tia baby?" Sophie runs over to me, placing a hand on my lap to push herself up.

Straddling my lap, she holds my face in her hands, examining me.

"Okay. You're real."

"Why wouldn't I be real, Sophie?" I giggle, wrapping her arms around my neck before standing up.

"I dunno. You seem like an angel, and you can't see angels."

"I can assure you that I'm real, Sophie. Would you like to go to my room?"

"Yes please. What's it like in there?" She adjusts herself as I open my room door, setting her down on her feet. "Oh my gee, this is pretty."

She cheers, taking her shoes off before climbing up onto my bed, patting the space next to her.

"Can I play with your phone?" Sophie makes grabby hands, waiting for me.

I take my phone out and turn it on, noticing a message from Damien.

Damien: Are you coming back down?

Me: are you coming up?

Damien: Don't be sarcastic. I will come up there right now.

Me: nope. I'm good, I'm giving Sophie my phone now. So byee.

"Do you have games?" Sophie asks when I put the phone in her hands.

"Yes. Swipe left."

"Oh. Em. Gee. You have my favorite game here. You are an angel."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hey. How's it going?" Damien speaks gently, poking his head through the door frame. He walks in more, closing the door behind him.

"She's sleeping." I mutter, sitting up from beside Sophie.

"That's nice. You should come downstairs then." Damien chuckles, sitting down next to me. The bed dips as he moves closer, taking my hand in his.

"You guys are loud. I'm good."

"Marco and Lilian are pressed because they're losing. And Marinette is just cheering for me which is no help. You sure you don't want to come? I could use help."

"I'm good. Sophie and I are vibing through this nap." I yawn, checking on the little girl.

Pulling on my arm, I somehow end up on Damien, straddling him the same way Sophie did with me.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-yell as his head rest in the crook of my neck.

"Nothing." Damien mumbles and I feel him start kissing my neck.

"Don't."

"I'm not doing anything."

He starts trailing his kisses upwards, lingering over my mouth.

"May I?" His lips brush against mine, attempting to close the gap.

"You know, I'm good, dude." I laugh, quickly pulling away before he can grab my again. I lay down under the blanket with Sophie, waving goodbye to him.

"Wait until we're alone again." He threatens, looking at me for the last time before exiting.

Two minutes later and I hear Lilian groan again, complaining about her loss.

Sophie's hand comes up in her sleep, touching my face and mumbling random words.

"Quiet angel. Pretty baby."