Lessons

Chapter 14: Lessons
Tia

Today was a school day and I was honestly excited to be going.

My teachers said that we wouldn't be working since guest speakers would be coming in to talk to us for the majority of the day.

Stepping out my car and locking it, I brush my skirt off before heading inside the building.

A group of the other students at the party on Saturday noticed me and waved, me waving back before walking away.

When I reached the spot that my friends and I meet up at, Riley was already there but her brother was nowhere to be found.

"Turn around." Riley mumbles without looking up from her phone. Making a turn, I look at Logan in the other corner with his new girlfriend for the week.

"Seriously, Logan?" Placing my hands on my hips, I tilt my head slightly to get a better view of them. "Get a room."

"Tia. Please." He releases her, mocking my position before giving her his attention again.

"Player."

I leave the two of them alone and stand next to Riley, watching what ever she was playing.

"So you're really not going to talk to me?" I ask, leaning my arm on her shoulder.

Riley brushes me off before scoffing and walking into the classroom, leaving me alone with Logan.

Soon after, Lilian comes running around the corner, out of breath per usual.

"Why are you running?"

"I thought I was late again. I took the train." She huffs, resting on my shoulder.

"Did you check the time, stupid?" I point my phone in her direction, the time reading 7:40.

"Fuck." Lilian throws her hands up in the air, almost hitting me in the face. "I quit. Send me the notes later."

She starts walking in the other direction but I pull her into the room with me, sitting at my seat.

"Who's speaking this period?" Lilian leans over her desk toward me and I shrug my shoulders.

Logan comes into the classroom shortly after, rolling his eyes.

"Who hurt you?" Lili laughs, causing Logan to glare at her before sitting behind us.

"That girl bit me."

"That sounds really personal."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Sitting down in the auditorium for my next class, the bell rings and the lights turn off.

A projector turns on and the room is soon covered in stars. In the corner of my eye I can see Lilian pushing past people the get to the seat next to me.

"Who's speaking now?" She asks, pulling her notebook out.

"Probably an astronomer."

Our teacher steps out behind the curtain, laughing before turning the projector off.

"Yeah no. This is business class, so today we have a young entrepreneur." She speaks into the mic while stepping down. "Damien Gray."

"Hold up. What?" Lilian pauses in her position, looking between me and the stage. "Let's go down further. Excuse me."

Lili starts to push past the other kids again, me following suit.

Walking down the stairs and to the front, we find two seats directly in front and sit, waiting for the seminar to start.