Monthly

Chapter 38: Monthly
Tia

Today is June 5th.

Exactly 43 days until Marinette's wedding. And 1 day until prom.

There was an odd vibe about my house as Marinette and I ran around the place, trying not to get in the others' way.

"Tia?" She yells from the living room, finally taking a break.

"Yeah?" 

"What are you making?"

"A cucumber scrub and face mask. Why?" I ask, turning the blender on.

"Can I join? I could use a sister day."

Poking her head in through the door, I smile at her and she claps, coming closer.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"You never showed me your dress, Tia. I've been dying to see it."

"Oh. I didn't? Sorry."

I stand up from my bed, walking to the closet. Stepping in, I dig around in the back, feeling the plastic under my hand.

"Here we go." I giggle and Marinette gasps when I pull it out.

"Mom picked it out

"Mom picked it out. She said she saw it everywhere and it reminded her of me so yeah. I don't really know if it's a good pick for-"

"It's gorgeous, Tia. You'll look amazing. You always do." Mari chirps, wiping the exfoliator off her face.

"Thanks."

"Okay, now you can help me."

Taking my hand in hers, Marinette drags me out of the room and downstairs, making a beeline for the kitchen.

"Lavender or orange or both?" She points to the flower vases, focusing mainly on the mixed one.

"Lavender. And you should add white too.

"That's sound awesome. Thanks."

"No problem."

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I take it out, reading the message from Lilian.

Lilian: I'm coming over, hoe.

Me: who are you calling that?

Lilian: I don't see anyone else in this chat soooooooo...

Shaking my head, I put the phone away, giving Marinette my attention again.

"I can wait for you to see my dress, Tia. Can you come to my fitting next week?"

"Yeah, of course. I wouldn't miss it."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Did you finalize with the stylist when she'd be here?"

"At 4:30. Did you finalize things with Damien?" I ask, pushing my straw around in the liquid.

"Yeah. He said the limo will be here at 7:50. Sharp." Lilian smiles, taking a seat next to me.

Marinette has just gone out with her friends to buy sample supplies for the wedding, not sure of what would look best.

"You're sister does realize that the wedding is a month away. Right?"

"I don't know. A month is pretty short. It'll be over like this." I snap, laughing to myself.

Lilian bites into a cookie, making a disgusted face once it settles in her mouth.

"The fuck is this?" She mumbles, spitting in a paper towel.

"Pineapple cookies. Mari made them. I haven't eat any so I don't know how they taste."

"They taste like shit. She should stick to journalism."

Shaking my head, I stand up with my cup in my hand, walking into the kitchen.

"Movies?"

"Can we watch a scary one?"

"No." I answer without hesitation. "We can watch Frozen."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Author's Note:

This was a really short chapter (that I have not edited) I didn't know what exactly should have happened here so it was mainly just a filler. The next chapter will be their prom.

I was thinking, on a random day I might write a Special Chapter, basically just things I don't show in the book itself. What would you like to see?

That's all for now.

Feel free to vote and comment, I absolutely love reading what you think of the story so far.

Thank you. Bye ♡︎