So You Say

Chapter 63: So You Say
Tia

*three months later*

"My feet hurt."

"We've barely been walking."

"Pick me up?"

"No. Next time don't take so long with your appointment." Damien grumbles, walking past me. "Why couldn't I come in?"

"Because last time you cried." I tell him, pouting. "Please pick me up."

Damien sighs before turning around, bending to pick me up bridal style. "Happy?"

"Very."

I smile as I wrap my arms around his neck for support, looking at the side of his face. Damien continues to look ahead of us, side-glancing at me from time to time.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm just looking." I giggle, poking his cheek. "You can come next time."

"I can?"

"Yes. Just don't be a baby." I mumble, rubbing my eyes. "I already cried today. And last time."

Finally making it to the car, Damien sets me down before running over to the driver's side.

"Oh? Why is that?" He chuckles, starting the car.

"I don't know." I feel myself starting to tear up and I pout, keeping the emotions in. "Hormones?"

"Baby, calm down." Damien holds my thigh as I feel a tear run down my cheek.

"Don't tell me to calm down. I can't help it."

"Well shit. I'm sorry."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I just wanna be loved!"

"I just wanna eat!"

"I just want to fall in love!" I scream again, pushing Lilian.

"Well then tell your man to propose." Lilian pushes me back and I stumble, holding my stomach. "Shit! I'm sorry, Tia. And babies."

"Bum." I mumble, cradling my stomach. My lip starts quivering and I breath deeply, trying not to cry. "You're mean."

"Oh my god. I'm sorry!"

Lilian apologizes again and I laugh, screaming again.

"I want to love these babies."

"Damien's going to propose!" Lilian blurts out before slapping her hand on her mouth. "No he's not."

"You're lying?" I mutter, putting my hands at my sides.

"Yeah. I'm lying."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am." Lili nods, pursing our her lips.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me how." I state, noticing her look around the room.

"I don't know how. I just know he will."

"Useless."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Watching Damien come into our room, he throws his bag at me, his muscles flexing.

"What was that for?"

"Look inside."

Damien grins as I pull out a small box, opening it. There was a mini cake inside with my name on it.

"For me?" I gasp, putting it back inside gently.

"No. For Ria. Stupid." He mumbles, climbing onto the bed with me.

"Um Damien, just so you know. If you propose, don't be cliche." I change the subject, leaning over to look in my night table.

I pull a spoon out from a bag and start eating the cake, looking at Damien.

"What are you talking about?" He chokes, rubbing the back of his neck.

"If you propose. Be original." I repeat.

"How do you want me to do it then?" Damien takes the cake from me and places it on the night table, giving me his attention.

"I don't know. Just ask me at the most random time, y'know?" I shrug, getting up to straddle his legs. My stomach separates us as I fidget to get comfortable, our noses touching.

"Wait." Damien pulls something out his back pocket, a white velvet box.

He opens the box and I gasp dramatically, covering my forehead with the back of my hand.

"You do the most." He chuckles, standing up with me. Damien sets me down on my feet before he goes down on one knee, looking up at me.

"Go on. Say your monologue." I joke, waving my hand around excitedly.

"From the moment we first met, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. At first it was a simple attraction, and then a crush. And then we started dating after a long time of sneaking around. I don't know, I always said there was something about you and I still have no idea what it is. All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life figuring it out." He explains and I feel my eyes start watering. "Tia Ava James, will you marry me? The two of us, forever?"

"Yes, Damien! I will." I clap and he stands up to slip the ring on my finger, smiling widely.

"I would make love to you right now but," Damien pauses, looking me up and down. "You're pregnant and I don't want to hurt anyone."

Damien bites his lip and I feel my face heat up. I stand on my tip-toes to kiss him gently, holding his face in my hand.

"Hurt anyone? How would that go?"

"Baby, I'm sure you know. That's what got you here in the first place." He chuckles, holding my belly.

"Okay then. I'm going to go to bed now. But I'll take a shower first." I say, walking away from him. "You're welcome to join if you'd like."