1 - the dropship

the metal door flies open, swinging violently into the wall, as i scuttle into the back corner of my cell and pin myself on the wall.

the guards, dressed in black body armour and full face covers, storm into the room, flashing a blinding white light on me. ive barely even opened my eyes before 2 sets of hands grab me off the shitty little bed and onto the rough concrete, scraping my bear chest and holding me still on the floor.

the blinding light is switch off and my usual room light is on. 4 guards, and the commander.

"get him up" he says, as im zip tied and hauled to my feet, which are then zip tied too.

"i still have 6 weeks kane" i say to the commander, who looks are my chest, which has a deep graze, slowly dripping down to my rolled jumpsuit hanging from my waist.

"take him to medical, get him cleaned up first" he says to the guards, as they start to drag me past commander kane, the leader of the ships royal guard.

i quickly lash out, but with my hands behind me and my feet tied, all i can do is swing with my head. im not sure why the commander, who has such strong hatred for me, is standing so close to me, but ill take what i can get.

my forehead connects with his mouth, with his quick flinch after aiming for the nose. i feel my feet lift onto the ground, and im slammed right back onto the floor, luckily backwards.

surprisingly i dont smash my head, and all that happens is a shooting pain down my back and an almost broken set of arms.

im held down by 3 of them now, face up, as kane rises to his feet. 

how i wouldve wished to have split his lip, or knocked a tooth out, but he's unscathed, and infuriated. out comes his baton, zapping with electricity, as he whacks me in the chest with it.

it takes all of my strength not to scream or piss myself, as my body spasms. 

now im awake.

-

i sit in the doctors room, as abbey griffin wipes my wound on my abdominal muscles.

"you really couldnt just get up without the whole commotion?" she asks me.

"believe it or not, this was before i even tried anything. he busted in with this bright light, had me thrown onto the ground then tries to take me outta my cell" i say to her. 

im used to the assassination attempts, but this was next level, and by the commander himself. all thats running through my head is why doesnt he just kill me, right now, why did he send me to medical?

"they're sending 100 of you to the ground nathan" abbey says, rolling her chair back and looking me in the eyes.

"the ground?" i ask, fear quite present in my voice, as she drops the eye contact.

"we need to see if we can. the dropship leaves soon, and i need you on it" she says to me, as she walks around me and starts cleaning my back scrape.

297 years ago, a war was raged on planet earth, for 50 years. estimated death toll was around 3 billion, out of 12 billion. someone had lost their family, and pulled off a terrorist heist on a country in the north. this group singlehandedly sent nuclear bombs all over the world, destroying the planet and everyone on it. everyone except the 2200 people aboard 7 space cities, which merged, creating the arc. humanity.

but 297 years has its setbacks. 40 years ago, the ship started struggling with food, water, and oxygen. they enforced a zero crime rule, all crimes were felonies, to scare people into not rioting for food, as rations were small. the crime got worse, the people in control of the food were hoarding it. the council, 20 years ago, killed all prisoners. any crime is punishable by death. one child per family. anyone under 20 and committed of a crime was thrown into the skybox jail and would wait to be re-evaluated when they turned 20.