30 - the screen

"ive been informed that you were attacked during an attempt to reach mount weather on the third day" kane says, looking down at what i suspect are notes.

"still a fucking robot i see" i say, reaching for my headset, ready to abandon this stupid idea, but clarke grabs my hand gently.

"for me mackinnon, for me" she says, really wanting this, for some unknown reason.

"for you what? talk? thats it?" i ask, and she nods, and i turn back to the camera.

"unprovoked, they speared jasper jordan through the chest from behind us" i reply.

"where were you by then?" a voice asks. i recognise it, and so does clarke.

abbey.

clarke takes off her headset, leaving the tent immediately, as i watch her face, overcome by sadness.

oh yeah, i forgot that too. clarkes father, the news that wells wasnt the had guy. abbey told jaha about his plan to tell everyone that the arc was dying, and they killed him.

kane looks at me, and i dont leave, i just watch the screen.

"id like to speak with mr mackinnon alone" he says, to the other council members, outside of my view.

he watches them leave, and as soon as they have, he starts talking.

"this is bigger than us mackinnon. this is hundreds and hundreds of good lives" he replies, and i nod, his picture shifting in the static.

"i know" i reply.

"this is the time we need to put our differences on hold, and talk, man to man"

"i know"

"i know you can fight, brilliantly. i know everything about your physical capabilities, everything. now tell me, what are you up against?" he asks, and i take a few seconds to think.

"hand to hand, i could take on 4 guards, at once, with a bit of luck" i say to him.

"5 within 13 seconds in alpharus station bionic room. ive been looking at who can do what" he says, nodding.

"with a fuck tonne of luck, i can barely take one of these people on. ive gotten lucky a few times, and each time, ive gotten some serious injuries" i reply, standing, lifting up my shirt, showing the ravaged, but healing wounds on my chest and stomach.

"what about weapons?" he asks.

"first time i fought them, i got the slice on my chest, then stabbed him in the neck. got lucky with a distraction. then, got the stomach one, got the shit beat out of me, sunk this into his neck, and he still almost killed me. we rolled off a small cliff, i got the better of it" i say, showing him my weapon.

"have you gone weapon to weapon with a good result?" he asks, scribbling down notes.

"in the forrest, they ran us into a booby trap, then surrounded us. phoenix and i went 2 on 2 with them. i got this- but i killed him" i say, lifting my chin to show the stitched slit

"clarke told me a grounder blew some sort of horn that stopped that interaction?" he questions.

"phoenix died. the grounder he was fighting came at me, stabbed me. i snapped his humerus, then the horn sounded" i reply.

he takes more notes, looking at them for a minute or so, then back to me.

"i told you earlier, i know how you fight, and i know that you're like me, you take mental notes, you come up with a conclusion about your opponent. what is it?" he asks, and i smirk, leaning back in the chair.