35 - the can

finally.

i lay behind a tree, with the gun in front of me, the deer about 300 feet in front of me.

i have a clean shot, and line it up, just enough to really make an impact on its head and neck area.

one pull of the trigger, and the gun hits back into my shoulder, deer falling to the floor after a few deathly steps.

not a clean shot, but a good kill nonetheless.

i take the rifle away from my eye, and grab the strap, standing up.

a small drop of blood sits just underneath the sight.

my hands quickly go to my nose. no blood.

i wipe underneath my eyes, fingertips wetting almost instantly.

i look at my previously clean hands, now holding a small amount of blood.

there's no hope for me. ive gotten it.

these savage natives dont send a virus on a torture victim simply to scare us. this is to kill us, and it will. we have no meds, we have nothing.

if clarke cant cure it with anything we have, there's little hope for me.

i dont understand, i didnt touch any sick people, all i did was interact with healthy people too. 

i havent even touched bec, or anyone for that matter.

except for a hug in octavias tent. thats it, fuck, i thought i was safe. that long hug just killed me.

im gonna ditch the deer and use my remaining hours or days, to kill those people.

-

i dont feel sick, except for being slightly hot, tired and dehydrated, but fuck, i dont really take care of myself, so that stuff has kind of been there for a while.

the night sets in, sounds of beasts and horrific roars echoing to the tree i sleep in. the tree is crazy high, with solid branches all the way to the top. my fog blanket is tied as tight as it can be, and my fear isnt falling, its the fear that the grounders use these trees.

they killed john from above, then dropped his body near us. we couldnt see them in the trees, even when we were looking.

they're sneaky, they only show themselves when they want to be seen, they only chase if they want you to go somewhere, otherwise, they pounce, like they did on our walk to the mountain.

i fall asleep, heart still racing even then, hoping i wake up.

-

i did, i woke up with wet eyes, blood slowly seeping out, but im fine other than that so far.

clarke was as well, until she collapsed, she just said she felt weak and hot.

i definitely feel hot, but walking doesnt take a lot of strength.

the small amount of light that the tired sun emits is just enough to be able to see, early morning cold finally taking its toll on me. i shudder and shiver with each small breeze, the wet dew that settled on my sleeping body providing a heat barrier, ripping it all out, letting none back in.

my worries of cold are wiped clean. war drums boom over the hills.

i panic, looking around frantically.

the drums come from the bridge.

if i get there while they're still on the other side, i can hold them off.

i start my run, the suicide mission to end them all.

i hide and shoot until i run out of bullets, then i pick them off as they move toward our camp.