26 - the machete

bellamy is yelling at a few guys, as they tie up the man, struggling in a series of lunges, his body hard to contain because of his sheer muscle.

he's positioned in an X, hands and feet spread and tied to the roof and walls.

he stops struggling, looking at the hatch. octavia is climbing up, and bellamy connects the dots, that he's looking at her, and he draws the knife that went through my arm.

"bellamy, i told you, you didnt have to do this, he was protecting me, this is fucked up" she says, walking towards us, as the guys make sure the roped are all tied.

"this isnt for you, this is for us, for our survival" he replies, and she points to his bloodied face.

"who was that for then?" she asks him.

"for jasper, those 2 kids, finn, roma, kynan, john and phoenix. i dont care what the fuck he did in that cave, dont forget you tried to kill him too, the fuck was that for? protecting you?" i ask her.

everything is rushed, 1000 things going on at once.

the grounder, the radio, finn, thoughts of what we actually do about the arc coming down. they bring a dropship down, 10 times the size of ours, then what?

"bellamy-" octavia starts again, as i throw my arms up, ready to hear her bullshit about how this guy was trying to save her.

"we need to know what we're up against. how many, where they are, why they're killing us, and he's going to tell us, right now" bellamy says angrily, and i already know he's fed up with her shit.

i draw my machete from my belt, the blade dripping wet and glimmering in the well lit dropship, somehow still generating electricity in here.

"it wasnt him" she says, but bellamy points to miller.

"miller, get her out of here" he says, as miller starts pushing her towards the door.

the grounder rips at the chains and rope, as he watches her get pushed towards the ladder.

she hurls insults and pleads for us to stop, but miller slams the hatch shut.

"all yours mackinnon" bellamy says, flicking his head toward the grounder.

"why me?" i ask him, the other guys watching me.

"you're a fucking psycho arent you?" he asks, as i smile.

-

i swing the blade, back and forth, right in front of his face, flat part of it pressed against his nose. ive given him a few blows with my good arm, and bellamy, miller and 2 others go through his belongings from his pockets.

"you see these mackinnon?" jackson asks me, as i walk over. he holds a book, bounded by leather.

he shows me a drawing of me, in scribbled pencil, standing with bellamy, but he's only a light drawing in the back.

im in full focus, with the cuts on my eye and chest, all drawn the perfection, with the stitches in them.

"they've been watching us since the first attack" i say, as bellamy moves to look at the book.

he grabs it off of jackson, flipping the pages.

more of me, with symbols all around me. i look at jackson, as he looks right at me, then the grounder.

bellamy holds a drawing of octavia, a portrait, spinning it around so i can see.

he turns a few pages, and i walk behind him, seeing the rough sketches, with dark pencil, of the dropship, the wall, the lagoon, murphy hanging from a tree, and a page, with tally marks all over it.