27 - the spark

the viles are set out on the floor, as clarke points to them, the slaughtered grounder not communicating, even through about 20 minutes of non stop torture.

"everyone leaves except clarke and bellamy. now" i say, frustrated at my unsuccessful efforts to save finn.

"no" octavia says, but bellamy pushes her towards the hatch.

"now" he says to her, as the guys leave too.

"why?" clarke asks me, as i wipe the sword on my pants.

"you want the antidote right?" i ask her, and she nods.

ive only done small, painful methods, but they've been to no avail at all.

he hasnt made much noise, except for groans and grunts, but i know he will now.

i put the weapon on the floor, and pull the knife out of the wall.

i slam it into his open palm, blade exiting the back of his hand, as clarke takes a step back from me, bellamy still watching with his arms folded.

"what one?" i ask, but he lifts his head, and spits at me, blood hitting the floor in front of me, splattering my boots.

i pick up my sword, the shimmering metal placed just above his kneecaps.

i start sawing away, straight down, and as he realises im going to separate his kneecap from his actual leg, he struggles, flicking his knee around, but the blade is already digging into the skin, and he starts to yell, as bloods pours out from him, the blade only just slicing in, not even close to 1/4 of the way in.

"ask again" bellamy says, as i take the thin metal out of his leg, and stand up.

"what one?" i ask him, as he breathes heavily, blood really flowing from his leg.

he doesnt say anything, but it's been too long, and i look over to bellamy, who nods.

"we need to know mackinnon" he says, as i take the blade back to his leg, pushing down, reaching 1/4 of the way through his knee, then i jerk the handle, as he finally screams, blood coating my hands and puddling on the floor.

i take it back out, then back in, hard enough to make him yell again.

i stand up, putting my blade on a vile, looking right at him.

he shakes his head.

i move it to the next one, and he doesnt say anything, so i walk back over to his leg, but he shakes his head.

i point to the third one, and he nods, as clarke grabs the small glass bottle, and runs to the hatch, as i throw the weapon to the floor.

"good job" bellamy says, as i sit on one of the seats.

"should've started with that" i reply.

"no, you did well" he says, as i nod.

octavia comes up the hatch, looking at the man, dripping blood from his face, chest and a lot from his knee.

she runs over to him before either of us can move, hugging him.

he leans his head on her shoulder, as bellamy rips her off of him.

im already standing, and as soon as she's away from him, i start a relentless downpour of punches, a few to his face, chest and stomach.

i step back, throwing another huge punch, anger exploding like something ive only felt a few times.

i throw one with my bad arm, the power substantial, my other arm throwing one right after.

bellamy grabs me, but i throw him off of my back, then land a heavy blow to the grounder eye socket.