22 - the radio

the camp knows clarke and finn left, but nobody really questions bellamys absence. mostly because he's always somewhere, doing something, always busy, whereas clarke and finn are more people oriented.

ive thought about following them out there, but im scared, tired, and defenceless. no skinny machete, no gun.

i walk around with renee, as most people are falling asleep, all inside tents.

the pod isnt too much of a news drama, people just go along with whatever we decide. nobody wants to make decisions, except bellamy, clarke, finn and i. nobody wants to make the hard decisions, like do we wait to find the pod or do we leave now? nobody cared that much, cause they know it wont be long, and that we'll deal with it.

"so tell me, why are you so against bringing the arc down, when they clearly said they'll forgive us?" she asks me, as i watch jasper enter another tent, searching for someone.

"they're lying. i dont ask questions, but bellamy and X are on the hitlist too, for sure. kane and paylor will hunt me down, with jaha watching on. they dont deserve that chance" i say, and she starts the whole reel now.

"what about the good people?" she asks me, but i interrupt immediately.

"ive had this conversation before. nobody cared about the good people when they killed my mother" i say to her, as she walks away angry.

"you selfish dick" she spits, storming off.

jasper exits a tent, looking around frantically, muttering to himself.

anyone else awake and not in the tents is watching him, as he looks again, and meets my eyes.

"shes gone" he says loudly.

"who?" i ask him.

"octavia, ive checked everywhere"

i walk towards the tents, running between each one, walking in on sex, sleeping, and just people talking, but i dont care. 

she's not here, not in the ship, not anywhere.

"mackinnon" jasper says, wanting guidance, not knowing what to do now.

"fuck" i mutter.

she's gone after bellamy, im sure of it.

"tell X, tell him he's gotta fucking stay here. whatever happens, nobody else leaves alright" i say, as he nods, and runs off, to look for X, who's in one of the tents down the back.

i grab a fog wrap, a heavy spear and X's small axe, and run into the dark forest, alone.

-

i sprint, as fast as i can, out of pure adrenaline and fear.

the woods are so, so dark, darker than i ever imagined the nighttime to be. the moon provides the only light, and the tree's shelter me from most of it, leaving me a patchy, pitch black, demon infested area to tear through, as fast as my legs will take me.

i doubt clarke and finn ran this fast, but i do know bellamy wouldve. but fuck them, im looking for one person only, octavia.

she's alone, weak, and probably lost by now, but i couldn't forgive myself if i didnt try to get her back to camp.

i dont even care that she's bellamy's sister, all i care about is her. nothing to do with trying to get into bellamy's good books, because one, i already am, and two, i dont care if i am.

i hear voices, in the dead of the night, and i know ive caught up to clarke and finn, a fair way away to my right diagonal.

i can see their silhouettes, jogging, spears in hand.