21 - the pod

the camp is all wet, the rain has stopped. best thing is, all 4 water crates are full to the brim. will probably last about 3 days, but we still dont have any food.

it's dark, and a clear night, beside the fact that the storm clouds tore through here not long ago.

same shit happens each night, everyone sits around 3 or 4 fires, all talking, but im really not int he mood for anything right now.

bec is gone, and those other girls that bellamy and i talk to, usually only late at night, aren't the same. yeah i love the anarchy, and the fun of being someone people fear and look up to, but nobody talks to me like she did.

she doesnt look for me anymore, she doesnt come over when im sitting alone, she doesnt notice me.

i sit, away from anyone, against the wall, looking at the stars.

up until the fight circle, she was coming back around. i dont know what drove her away, but whatever it was, i regret it.

finn, octavia and jasper walk over to me, and join my little pity parade, in the dark space.

"whats up mackinnon?" octavia asks. i really have grown to like her, a lot.

X has his eye on her, as does jasper, and it isnt like that, we're just friends i guess.

"nothing" i reply, not really in a talking mood.

"she misses you too" finn says, and i look him in the eye.

i dont smile, or make any expression, i just look back at the sky.

"you guys think there's hope for us?" jasper asks, and this time i do smile, at his shitty efforts to make conversation.

"not you, im throwing you outside" finn jokes, but jasper points at me.

"you're forgetting about him" he says, as i give him a clueless look.

"what about me?" i ask.

"you've got a crush on me" he replies, as i laugh harder, and so does octavia. she doesnt smile much, or laugh, and its good seeing her like this.

"i have a crush on you?" i ask, and he nods.

"mackinnon, you carried me, while you killed the mountain men, all the way. i saw all of that, nobody fights for someone like that unless they really like them" he jokes, as i play along.

"so i save you life and you think i love you?" i ask, and i know he has more stored up.

"i wasn't done. after that, you come back into the kill zone to save me, then run back out, to the water, at dusk, to get the seaweed. something tells me, with that determination, that im gonna have to pay up for your duties" he says, and we all cant contain our laughter, and monty walks over, sitting down next to jasper.

"whats so funny?" he asks, already smiling.

"jasper thinks mackinnon has a crush" octavia says.

"on bec?" he asks, and jasper slaps his knee.

"on jasper" i say, ignoring the fact that they've come over simply to distract me.

"dude, this is that girl from hydro all over again" monty says, jasper pouncing on him, trying to shut him up.

i grin at the antics, and octavia scoots over, and leans on my shoulder.  im not even sure what to think. we flirt a little and that, but whats the rules about your best friends love interest and your other best friends sister?

but we talk, and talk, and talk, until X joins us, and even clarke is over here, sitting in a circle, octavia still on my shoulder, but not cuddled in, just leaning her head.