44 - the massacre

NATH'S POV

-

"i need you to go back. now" i say to bellamy, who looks at me, confused and furious.

"1 gun here wont end well, stop trying to kill yourself" he says, as we watch the forest, stressed with the gunfire that goes off every 10 seconds or so.

"ive trusted you with everything, i need you to do this for me" i reply.

"THEY'RE AT THE GATE, THEY'RE TRYING TO GET IN! THE FENCE GUNS ARE DEAD, THEY'VE GOT ARROWS" the walkie talkie says, X leaving it here before he left.

"go, now" i say to bellamy, who doesnt question me again. he runs towards the tunnel, as i take a deep breath in, watching the shadows flicker past the rocks.

i aim my red dot at the shadow, who doesnt seem to see me yet.

i dont fire, i duck down, only the top of my head showing.

they emerge like smoke, all walking slowly towards the camp.

lets hope there isnt this many grounders on all 4 sides. if there is, we're dead.

-

CLARKE's POV

-

the grounders are relentless and it seems like the more we kill, the more that come within seconds.

bellamy and nath are unaccounted for, and although jasper and raven have made progress, we cant fall back in yet. they arent done. we still have all our shooters outside, as well as most of the people who stand right outside the ship, readying for the moment they come through the gates.

"WEST WALL" my walkie yells, as a few more people rush to the west wall, peering through it.

rattling gunfire goes off from the foxhole a few hundred metres down the hill.

"who's down there?" i ask through the communication device.

"i dont know, he's dropping them like flies, they walked straight past him" zayn says.

"its mackinnon, he's running back towards the wall" 

more gunfire from the boy undoubtedly sends more grounders to their graves, and i truly wonder what we would do without bellamy and him.

we definitely wouldn't be alive, but i wonder if id die on the walk to mount weather, at the hands of murphy, in the reaper caves or one of the other countless events.

a body flings itself over the fence, a grenade going off behind me shaking the floor.

mackinnon hits the dirt, then springs to his feet, gun in hand and grounder weapon on his hip.

for the first time, nathan mackinnon looks scared. he looks utterly petrified.

i barely have time to catch his eye before he yells at us in an enraged scream.

"GET INSIDE! GET IN THE SHIP!" he screams, as people turn away from the fight and look at the dropship.

"we need more time! stand your ground!" i say, as they do as they're told, but mackinnon walks right over to me.

"this is my fucking call! we're about to get massacred clarke, you havent seen them. our guns are out, get them inside NOW!" he yells at me, holding his pointing finger inches away from my face.

"we go in now, they'll have enough time to get inside, then the whole plan is done for'

"the plan is fucked already! they're running at us to die, they dont care. there's too many" he says, turning to look at the screaming boys and girls, who try and fight, but anyone who peers over the fence gets speared or shot with an arrow.