4 - the walk

"something's just off about him. the gun, the weird conversations. its like he's trying to manipulate us with zero leverage, and still thinking he's winning" i say to X, waiting for clarke and her group of misfits outside the main camp area.

"yet here we are, going for a little stroll" X replies.

"yeah and i have a 9 mil' in my belt now, you're the one here for nothing"

"cant leave your sorry ass with a bunch like this can i?" he jokes, as clarke and her search team walk towards us.

"thankyou mackinnon" she says, as she meets us at out log.

"we're out if he takes another fucking step" i say, starting to walk towards wells jaha.

he takes a step back, and looks at clarke.

"you cant do this, im coming" he replies.

"we cant stop that, but im sure you wont make it back if you do come" X says, calm tone and calm expression, holding his makeshift axe.

clarke and wells start a quick and quiet conversation, as the rest of the group walks past them and to us.

my small shard, which somewhat resembles a knife, is tucked into my pants too.

wells walks off angrily, leaving clarke content.

the group, without X and i, is weak, small and not cut out for this.

clarke isnt afraid of anything, especially when it comes to her mother getting down here, and our relationship poses a serious risk of turning ugly, if she figures out that im here to do the opposite.

finn isnt muscular either, but he is smart, which is another threat. he has long hair, falling to his neck, and tucked behind his ears.

octavia looks aggressive, and i know ill be friends with her already, just due to the fact she hates the arc.

monty is as tall as me, but not physically inclined at all, the same as his friend that walks beside him.

theres another girl too, with brown/blonde hair. she's absolutely gorgeous, shorter than me, and tanned skin. i notice she glances at me, as clarke starts speaking.

"we can see the mountain when we climb any tree, but it's north, and we can get there by tomorrow noon if we dont stop too often. we'll hit the river tomorrow morning for water. mackinnon knows where we can eat and what we can eat, so we should hopefully be good on food" she says, as we begin our perilous walk.

-

a walk for the ages. 2 days there, 2 days back. but not even a mile in, and im feeling the regret.

the forest is all so similar to the hundreds of metres behind it. i thought id enjoy the exploration aspect, but failed to realise that there is nothing but radioactive forest, with its damp floor, covered mostly in dirt and moss.

slightly flat, with steps, holes and just consistent ups and downs, not a steady descent or ascending floor.

the boots we're all in a made for it, which is good. the arc pulled through on one thing i guess.

jasper jordan, montys friend, talks to octavia at the front of the pack, followed by clarke and finn, then monty and bec lance, the pretty girl.

then the outcasts, X and i, bringing up the rear of the pack, with our hoodies and a confident stride, unlike the tender feet of the rest of the group.

a sense of leadership has X and i ready to do whatever we want, because without us, i think clarke would turn back.

we dont hear much, except wind, and the other sounds.