37 - the walkies

"SHE'S STILL IN THERE" murphy yells, as bellamy runs into the fire, dragging octavia out, coughing and half on fire.

i try and move one of the half full water crates, but its too heavy.

jackson runs at it, lowering his stance and plowing into it, as it topples over, drenching her, the flames disappearing off of her body, but the meat shack is engulfed.

"this is your fault, i told you no more fucking wood!" murphy yells at mark, and they start to scuffle, trying to throw punches, but they just stand and rip at each other.

"enough, fuck off!" i yell, ripping murphy off of him, getting in the middle of them.

"that was all the food" jackson says to bellamy, who looks at clarke, who looks over to me.

i shake my head, then watch the rest of the shack go up in even more flames.

-

"im not asking permission here, this is my call" i say to clarke.

"we cant defend ourselves if we're starving mackinnon, we cant all eat a handful of berries once every 3 days and be fine. people need to eat" she says to me.

"every time we've seen grounders, ive been there, and each time, we got lucky, theres no way this ends well" i say to her.

"people want to hunt" bellamy says.

"i dont care. this is too dangerous, you send 25 hunting parties out, with limited bullets, the most they'll shoot is another group. the grounders arent gone, we need to stay put" i reply.

her mouth relaxes, eyes looking over to the meat shack.

"we've said this before, we arent the council, and i dont expect you to back us up here mackinnon, but bellamy and i are gonna get everyone in on this hunt, whether you like it or not" she says. bellamy just looks at me with his leader face on, and i slam the hunting rifle into his chest, as he catches it, blocking the impact.

"when you bring back a body, im going on another hunt, and i dont care if we're already at war, this will be another war for the history books" i say, walking towards my tent angrily.

my hands are shaking, im enraged and as furious as ever.

i walk into the tent, and to my surprise, raven sits in my chair.

"get out, now" i say, not facing her, but just walking in small circles, trying to pace my anger away.

my breaths are heavy, and as i start to calm down, she starts to talk.

"i have these, i thought they'd help, but these are the only 3" she says, extending her hands.

she has 3 small earpieces, with 3 cubes, lit up with a pixel screen.

"small tv's wont stop the grounders" i say to her, and she shakes her head.

she watches me carefully, my anger still festering.

"dude, relax. slow down, listen to me. 3 walkies. im working on normal ones, but these 3 are in ear mics and speakers, all you have to do is talk. this controls volume and doubles as a gps, well sort of" she says, and i take one from her.

i put it in my ear, small hook going up behind my ear, and she clicks the button on the tiny little square.

"psst" i hear in my ear, as she cups her hands with the other ones in it.

"impressive, doesnt help this whole "big hunt" bullshit" i reply.

"you're the best shot in camp, and you're sitting out? how about you use these, get a nice fat deer, then nobody else goes out, because they're eating from yours" she says, clicking the switch in my brain.