20 - the matchup

X vs the blonde boy goes well. an entertaining fight, with blows traded, bloodied faces, until phoenix takes a knee, signalling the end of the fight.

X fought well, really well, as did phoenix, and i pat him on the back as he walks towards the edge of the circle.

"nice work" i say, as another 2 guys fight.

then another 2, then another 2, then 2 more.

all friendly matchups, everyone just wanting the bragging rights of winning.

everyone is entertained too, minds off of the whole savage attack of murphy, then charlotte's death. even wells.

everyone is sitting now, a few on the wall, most on the ground, others on logs and things.

i sit next to bec, who is oddly really interested in it.

a guy stands in the open circle, with some other guy who has been refereeing the fights.

"yep" i say quickly, standing up, and walking over like 2 people, and into the circle.

"he's like 6 foot 5 mackinnon, you crazy?" bellamy asks, a few girls hanging off of him, sitting in the middle of the wall, with 2 girls next to him.

"im just showing everyone that if you start harassing girls, you're gonna get your face fucked up" i reply, as the guy looks right at me.

he has short brown hair, and is really muscular.

"what?" he asks me.

"a girl tells you no, you stay away from her" i reply.

"i dont know what you're talking about" he replies, as everyone listens in.

"building the gate, you wouldn't leave those girls alone, fucking pisses me off" i say, and he looks furious.

"what i cant talk to them?" he asks.

"a girl says go away, you do as youre told" i say, taking off my shirt again.

"im gonna do worse than those grounders" he spits, walking straight towards me.

he swings, an absolute haymaker, and i step backwards, as he swings at air.

i take one out of X's book, and as his hand crosses his body, i jump, grabbing his head, and plunge my knee right to his chest, as he falls to the ground, with me on top of him.

i use the end of my elbow, lifting it, then bring it raining down onto his face, and as soon as i connect, his head bounces right off of my arm, into the dirt. i jump off of him, laughing.

the crowd is loving it, finally, someone who they actually want to see get fucked up.

he stands, his nose no doubt broken and bleeding. if this was someone else, id say lets stop this shit, its too dangerous with that nose.

but fuck it. i saw him, trying to pick up those 2 girls that renee always has, tying shit up for the tents. grabbing their arms, and smiling, as they tell him to go away, but he just kept going and going.

so now ill teach not only him, but everyone.

he swings a low punch, as i advance at him.

i hunch down, hands covering my face, as his punch hits my bicep.

i quickly push his chest, then throw a quick punch, which doesnt phase him, but he winds up for another punch. perfect.

i use our close gap to my advantage, and stick a leg behind his knees, and swing my shoulder, knocking him right over.