38 - the wendigo

camp is quieter than ever, and this time, people wait up for us, scared out of their minds.

monty, finn and clarke were taken, or killed.

raven, jasper and some smart kids are making land mines, about 60 feet from the wall.

"those better work, all the gunpowder we're using, we need more bullets, or grenades" bellamy says.

"want to come over here and test it?" she asks.

no fires, no torches, just black, the camp is in hideout mode.

it's hard to see, and rough to picture a camp without the 3 missing people.

monty is my friend, and clarke has become one, not to mention the leadership perspective.

another gunshot goes off from the wall, the same kid who burnt down the meat.

he was sitting against the wall, and accidentally hit the trigger.

"hey!" bellamy yells, walking over to him.

"what the fuck is the matter with you?" he asks the kid.

he grabs him by the shirt, pressing him against the wall.

"im sorry man, ive been on watch all day, i fell asleep, im sorry" the boy says remorsefully.

"we've ALL been on watch all day" bellamy yells at him.

"bell, you're scaring people" octavia says to him, who sits on a stump outside the wall too.

"they should be scared. the bomb on the bridge brought us some time, but that time is up. the grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off" he says, voice cracking, almost pleading his point to everyone.

the whole camp is listening. the gate is wide open and everyone is right there.

"clarke, finn and monty are gone. and if you want to be next, i cant stop you. but no guns are leaving this camp. this camp is the REASON we're still alive. this is the only thing keeping us alive" he says, tears dropping down his cheeks.

jasper and raven are broken, everyone else standing awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"get back to work" he yells angrily.

everyone does what they're told, but i dont care if he's on an emotional power trip right now.

i cant do anything here. im no good at any of this

i walk through the gate, the others all looking to me for any guidance.

bellamy is perfect for the watch group, same as instructing anything like that, but clarke's forte was this stuff.

making sure everyone knew what was happening, that they were all safe, that everyone's best interests were playing a part in the decision making.

"you guys dont really hear a lot from me, mostly because i down see myself  like clarke or bellamy, cause i dont give a shit who listens, but i know a few of you want to know where i sit on all of this. clarke and finn were taken, same as monty, right from under our noses, and it kills me that we arent out there right now" i start, people listening and facing me within the first 2 words.

"but this is survival right now. i dont care if you're hungry and feel like berries, you'll eat dirt before i risk any more lives outside that wall. the war is coming, fuck, its already here. the wall is only the first obstacle for them, but at the bridge, that attack from them, would've killed us all, even with the guns. the wall is nothing, it's a border. they dont see who we are, we're all good people. that doesnt matter anymore. they come, you fire. you dont ask questions. they had their chance, the chance that they didnt give to us and if we stick together, we can survive this" i say, expecting maybe some agreement, but instead, silence.