3 - the deal

i walk with X, among the broken and burnt off outside panels from the ship, having fallen off in the landing, hiding in the soft dirt.

we pickup anything that can be made into a weapon, or literally anything valuable.

i have a small hooked section that probably served as a bracket or something, but after it was damaged, is now a small, slightly hooked knife with a tip.

X holds a pole, probably just a pipe, with a bracket attached, not damaged at all. its blunt as, but if he sharpens it, he has a small axe

"got anyone on the ship?" he asks, as i flip over a section of heat cover.

"nobody, the ship could fall from the sky and id cheer" i reply.

"2 cheers aint much of a cheer party" he replies, and i laugh.

"something funny?" a voice asks, as we both look up and turn our heads.

a guy, about 21-22 years old, with a guards uniform, and no wristband, stands arms crossed, looking at us.

"asking for trouble guardsmen? cause you gonna die soon, just like chancellors boy" X says. he has an odd accent, very african-american, which is rare, due to the lack of diversity on the arc.

"im no guard" he says to us. im still confused as to what he wants and why he just jumped from outta nowhere to talk to us.

"jacket says different" i reply, as he clenches his jaw.

"was my cover for getting on the dropship" he says, as X and i give each other a look.

"a death mission?" i ask him, as he nods.

"anywhere my sister goes, i go" he replies.

the one child rule was introduced decades ago. nobody has a sibling, and when i mean nobody, i mean everyone but one mother, who had a son and kept the daughter under the floor.

"bellamy blake" i reply.

"thought id introduce myself before the jacket gets me killed" he says, as X laughs.

"smart move blake" the dreadlocked boy says.

"why us?" i ask him.

"everyone here wants that kid dead. but i only saw 2 try and do it. im here to protect her, and thats it" he says, and i nod.

bellamy blake has black hair, neatly combed, in a tattered guardsmens top, but similar pants to us all, except looser.

everyones boots and pants are exactly the same, the same as the bracelets.

he stands about 6'1, taller than both X and i, and has quite toned muscles and a shifty look in his eye.

"i dont buy it, and i dont give a fuck, you still got that jacket on" i say to him, as i give X a sideways glance, as he catches my eye.

"if you're gonna kill someone, its probably best not to announce it" he says, matching the same tone i am. cocky, wanting to gain control.

"i answer to nobody, ill do whatever i damn well want, and you try stop me guardsmen, and youll have a cross made of sticks with you and your sisters name on it" i reply, as X laughs.

he doesnt even bite at the threat, he smiles, like how i am.

"thats why i came to talk. you answer to nobody. i know you 2 just met, i saw the handshake, but you'll happily kill wells together. you dont care about the arc at all" he replies, and i do see where he's going with this.

they killed his mother and locked away his sister.

"and you dont want them down here either" X says, as we see some commotion, people have grouped around something.