5 - the saviour

i sit, alone in the pitch black forest, with the fire behind me.

nobody can see me, and it doesnt even scare me, but thats probably the handgun talking, digging into my waist.

ill let them talk, because i know it bugs clarke. she knows who i am, and a glimpse of who i was before i was locked up. she'll tell them what they want to hear.

she'll tell them that when i was 14, my mother was killed for stealing medicine. she had a sick son, on his deathbed, and she had to clean the very same medical ward, in which its staff told her that this medicine is for the council only. only 4 doses left. so she cleaned the place well, then took them.

she saved my life, and they killed her for it. pushed her into space, in front of me, as the chancellor pushed that button.

clarke will explain that she was all i ever had, my best friend, my mom, my everything. that i lost my mind.

she'll say she doesnt know about the tattoos, because she doesnt. my hands, arms, chest and back are home to them. my hands have a large amount of small tattoos, among my knuckles, the back of my palm, and my wrists.

my arms are less sprinkled than my hands, more consistent. my wrists turn into light grey artworks on my forearms. above them, on my biceps and shoulders, i have more grouped single ones, but bigger in size than my hands

the chest is the same, with only 3. one on my left collarbone, on over my heart, and one under my sternum.

they dont embarrass me at all, its just the exposure. each drawing represents something in my life, mostly all the do with my mother. my hands are small symbols and single items, which people have asked about first.

when i say people, i mean clarke and abbey in the med unit.

i hear a rustle in front of me, which is odd, because the group is exactly behind me, about 100 feet. the sound was a single item, dropping onto dirt.

i strain my eyes, wishing i had better vision in the dark.

i slowly slide the gun from my pants, as i stand, not making a single noise

i hear a footstep behind me, so close, that i spin, gun raised.

nobody stands near me. i look to the fire, and try and count the people sitting.

another footstep, right behind me this time, as i swing my elbow violently behind me, connecting with something, as i turn, leg extended, tripping them, then pint the gun directly at them, laying on the floor.

it didnt even cross my mind, i was so startled.

X lies on the floor, holding his jaw.

"the fuck are you doing sneaking up on me?" i say, in a hushed whisper, as my gun is still out, and id rather keep that a secret.

"i was looking for you, i didnt know you were there" he says, in the same yelling but whispering voice.

"i almost killed you" i say, still angry.

"i fucking know" he says, as i tuck the gun away and help him up.

"the fuck was that? some weird martial arts?" he asks, as we walk to the fire.

"thats me beating your ass" i reply, as he raises his arms in the air.

"im motherfucking walking, looking for your dumbass, then boom, a flying elbow to the face" he says, as i smile, knowing that he was probably about to shit himself. lucky i hit him so fast that he didnt even realise it till he was on the floor.