42 - the preparation

"25 rifles, roughly 20 bullets each" bellamy says to clarke and finn.

raven lays on the floor of the dropship, still in pain and on the shitty stretcher that she was carried on

"500 rounds give or take" i say, looking at the table that holds a mini version of our camp and surrounds, made from sticks and rocks.

"valley holds the mines, thanks to raven, so if they come from the bridge and head straight for us, we'll know" he explains, pointing to small rocks near the gates of the tiny model.

"also, grenades" bellamy says, pulling out a small metal pipe with a fuse on the end.

"not many" i reply

"thankyou murphy" raven mutters.

"so foxholes, tunnels in and out, mines and grenades? thats it?" clarke asks us.

"you and mackinnon werent here, this is the best we had, and the best we will have. guns, grenades and mines should keep them out of the front gates" bellamy says, crossing his arms.

we all stand around, observing the table.

"and then what? what if they do get through?" she asks.

he shrugs, and she turns to look at raven.

"what, thats it?"

"close the doors and pray" raven replies.

"pray for them to go away? or that the ship will hold, because neither will happen" clarke says, frustration building rapidly.

"im not locking myself in here, id rather stand outside and try and kill as many as i can before they get their hands on me" i say, realising bellamy kind of has no idea what he's doing.

"the plan is to kill as many as we can until they need to turn back" he replies.

"you didnt see them at the bridge bell, they just kept coming like an endless army" i say to him.

"i know that mackinnon, they'll wipe us out, thats why we use everything at once. the appearance of strength, just like the bomb" he says, and i nod, taking in the theory.

i tap the mic and speaker in my ear, the small button allowing me to hop on ALL channels, not just this one. that means all the walkie talkies, at every foxhole.

"shooters nest, listen up. you see them, you shoot. bellamy told you the plan, you make them turn back. make sure you dont get sucked in. one will try distract you, the other will sneak up. on your toes guys" i say, once again earning bellamys nods.

"always your plan isnt it, appearing strong? just like the bridge. it buys us some time, then what?" finn asks rhetorically.

should've let him drown in the river.

"got another plan? cause fuck, id love to hear it" i say, holding my hands out.

all he does is complain without another option. if he had a suitable option, he can argue it, but he has nothing, he just disagrees for no reason.

"raven, you said there was a tank of fuel right? enough for hundreds of bombs"  clarke repeats, and i roll my eyes.

"unless you want bombs of fire and nothing else, sure, we make bombs, waste all of our time making fireworks" i say, as bellamy stares in concentration at the table.

"i dont want to make bombs, i want to blast off" she replies.

i try and tell her how stupid that is, and that it wont work, but raven speaks quickly.