33 - the return

we all reach the camp, having ran at almost full speed the whole way.

everyone pants and heaves, lungs finally getting some cold air in, the afternoon dying off into the dark night.

i put my hand on jaspers back, as he breathes like a dying grandmother, chest working overtime to take in some air.

bellamy and finn have started some kind of staring contest, and bellamy speaks.

"got something to say?" he asks angrily, still breathing heavy.

"i told you, no guns!" finn exclaims at clarke.

"i told you we couldnt trust the grounders, and i was right" she replies, and i cheer in my head. thank god she can finally see that this peace and love stance will not work.

"and why didnt you tell me what was happening?" raven asks him.

"i tried, but you were too busy making bullets for mackinnons gun" he bites back at her.

"you would've been dead if he didnt bring that, they came to kill you finn" bellamy says, throwing on the stern leader voice he uses.

"you dont know that! jasper fired the first shot!" finn replies, extremely enthusiastically. ill admit, this is an emotionally charged moment, but this isnt the time for blame.

this is the time for an attack.

"you ruined everything" octavia says to jasper, across the circle we stand in.

he looks up from his hunched over position, sadness sweeping into his eyes, as she walks away into the camp.

"i saved you!" he yells after her, and i put a hand on his chest, as he tries to follow her.

"you're welcome" he says, under his breath, not loud enough for her to hear, but for all of us to hear. he moves past me to follow her in.

"if we werent at war already, we sure as hell are now" finn says, still acting like we're in the wrong.

"you didnt have to trust the grounders clarke, you just had to trust me" he pleads at her, and i look at bellamy, who rolls his eyes.

not in humour, but anger, as i shake my head at him, knowing we both want to break this kids neck right now.

he storms off, raven right behind him, leaving bellamy, clarke and i.

"best unity day ever" i say sarcastically.

clarke touches my arm, just as i begin to walk back to camp.

"double the wall guards, 2 on each post" she says, and i nod.

i cant take another step towards camp before a thunderous boom hits the sky, the bass of the sound shaking my skull, and no doubt everyone else's, as we all look towards the sky.

a falling star, from way high up, slowly making its way down.

"the exodus ship?" bellamy asks, as the 3 of us watch closely.

"your moms early clarke" i say, as the bright light enters the atmosphere, and a metal object plummets towards the hunting grounds X and i were at, among the hills and small mountain range.

here they come. kane, abbey and the council. guards, farmers, medical staff and the whole works. the chosen 300 people to start the journey down here.

"too fast" clarke mutters.

we see the exodus ship, about 30 times bigger than our dropship, racing down to the ground.

"no parachute, somethings gone wrong" clarke says, looking at us, then back to the ship.