34 - the virus

octavia flicks a blanket over whatever she was doing, reading or looking at something.

"jesus christ mackinnon" she mutters, and i huff, and sit in my usual chair.

ive sat here, talking to the 2 guys for hours on end, dropship seat providing comfort in case i fall asleep, which i definitely have.

"new tent?" i ask, and she flicks her head to her right.

"they took mine, bellamy gave it to jasper" she says, a slight annoyance definitely present in her voice.

"rewarding a lucky shot" i say, running a hand through my hair, growing longer and messier with the weeks.

"he's telling people a whole different story, telling everyone shit like "you dont know who you are until it comes to that moment" and the rest. telling it like a story of yours" she says, cracking a little joke, which surprises me.

"my stories arent so happy" i reply.

"ive seen one of yours, and heard the other. the difference is, he hypes himself up, you play it down. cheer up, grounders arent here yet" she says, which causes my smile to fall straight from my lips.

"they arent stories, they're nightmares. the grounders arent here yet? your boyfriend keeping his distance then?" i remark, as her eyes shift to the same tone.

"now we know he did save me, and he blew that horn for you guys. i talked to him , a lot, he's a good guy, but they still killed phoenix" she replies, and i nod slowly.

"so he your boyfriend or what?" i ask, looking around the tent.

"whats it to you?" she asks, going back to her jokes.

"very funny" i reply, as she stands up, then drops to her knees, inspecting my face.

she grabs it with her hands and tilts it to the side.

"oh no, these are gonna scar" she says, looking at the flaking cut surrounding my eye.

"dont remind me" i reply, as she turns my head the other way.

"hows your chest going?" she asks, and i take off my jacket, then my shirt, standing from my chair.

i look down, as he cold hands gently touch my abdominal muscles, just below one of the cuts.

she traces the cuts with her gentle hands, my stomach doing backflips, the intimacy of the moment rendering me pretty speechless.

her arms wrap around me, as she hugs me, her face sitting on my left pectoral muscle.

i hold her, not knowing what to do, but ill take this time to try and convince her not to be stupid.

"stop going out there, remember what they did to us" i say, as she nods, and i feel her tears falling.

she doesnt reply, and i hold her in my arms, until her tears stop.

-

i have a solid sleep, in the chair of her tent, as she slept on her small bed, a mat on the floor, with one of clarkes blankets hugging her body.

i dont know what to feel. my connection with bec was so pure, but faded within the weeks. octavia and i are close, and she makes stupid decision, but the chemisty and raw emotion just draws me in.

they're both beautiful, and octavia took off most of her clothes to sleep, and it really did open my eyes. wide.

but those feelings for bec keep me planted in the chair.

-

im sitting, watching the fire for once, doing absolutely nothing.

heaps of people dry meat in a smoke tent, others sort and clean roots and berries, others watch the wall and a small number also do nothing.