2 - the landing

screams fill the air, as we just fall and fall and fall. it starts getting super hot, and i realize, my eyes are glued shut. i open a bit, seeing everyone in the same belt holding position i am.

then we lose gravity again, as i watch people relax, but still looking terrified

out of one of the sections almost around the corner to my left, one of the parts that almost go into a wide but short hallway, 2 boys float, literally, in the middle of the room.

one i do recognise, only for his crime. finn collins used a months worth of oxygen on an illegal joyride spacewalk.

and here he is again, holy shit, doing something he probably shouldnt be.

within seconds of seeing finn float out, monty yells, as do some others, but he's hysterical.

"THE PARACHUTE!" he screams, shaking his belts with pure terror, and it actually causes finn to look at him.

right until the parachute is deployed, and bang, the first thing is see, as my head whips forward, is the other kid, who i barely looked at, go absolutely flying into the wall panel just above some peoples heads to my right.

he doesnt bounce off either, he's swallowed, as pipes stick out, shooting sparks, water and compressed air everywhere.

i dont have the time to even widen my eyes, because finn collins also shoots around the room, but unfortunately for me, he's flying right at me.

he smacks right into my chest, pushing me right back into me seat in one blow.

we are in freefall, and we all feel it, but we spin like crazy now, no doubt from the intense speed that caused our zero gravity.

my arms are latched onto finn, as he is pulled by this insane force, my arms drawing all the strength they can from my shoulders and chest.

if i let go, he dies for sure. i have one hand on his jacket just behind his neck and the other on his pants, on the outside of his thigh.

lights are flashing, people are screaming, and water and sparks are flying everywhere, hitting probably everyone, as i realise we are coming to a halt in speed.

still absolutely flying (or you know, falling) and spinning, as i try with every last muscle to hold onto the guy, almost trying to pin him to my knees with my forearms, but i cant hold any longer.

just before i say fuck it and let him go, we hit the earth. not directly down, but damn do we hit it.

my belts give out, sending me out, headfirst, as we roll on the surface of the planet like a gigantic ball.

i hit the roof, which somehow feels like the ground, and quickly grab onto the side of the metal ladder, as the ship swings again, but im fully wrapped around it, until we bounce or hit something, and im sent  from the top of the ladder, sideways, to the floor, hitting with such an impact, that i cant even move.

the ship has stopped its roll, and is upright. the lights are out, just a small dim glow from a few of them. i lay, trying to draw a breath in, as people yell, but nobody comes. the belts must still be locked.

i try and breathe, but i cant suck anything in, until i feel my body stop its freeze, and my lungs work.

i draw in a deep breath, pain gone, but i turn myself so im face down, but on my hands and knees, letting my lungs draw in as much air as they can.

the belts click open, as people rush towards me, primarily ignoring finn, who lays about 10 feet away from me.

"you alright?" someone asks from behind me, as they help me to my feet, along with a few others. i nod and look over to finn, who is now standing too.